View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:11 PM #5 (permalink)
ltr

ltr

nserfani - I absolutely love how you write! I am really sorry for what you are experiencing, but you are still able to add a little humor to it and give us a laugh.

My take on fibromyalgia (something I was diagnosed with in the beginning) is that it is a group of symptoms that the docs don't understand a reason for so they are labeled as "fibromyalgia". Many docs, including my primary care, do not believe in this syndrome. And now that I have been diagnosed, I definitely know it is a crock! Yes, those patient's are suffering all of those symptoms, but for a reason unknown to the doc, hence the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. They even added chronic fatigue to mine when all the symptoms didn't fit fibromyalgia. Chronic fatigue is another "we don't know what it is, so we will label it this" syndrome.

Are you still on Lipitor? I think that all the cholesterol lowering agents can cause muscle problems. Try googling it for side effects, but not on the lipitor site!

Hopefully your symptoms will abate, maybe viral or something, but if not get a good neuro. I too had extremely bad flu like symptoms and exhaustion and no one could figure it out. I know it makes for a rough time, but hang in there. Good luck~Leslie