Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not silly at all. I believe that we know our own bodies sometimes more than the professionals. It may seem absurd but it's true. If you have a certain feeling, you could be correct.

I thought the same thing at first but as others have said you know your body better then doctors. I think the key is to not stress yourself out over this as stress can make symptoms far worse.

sorry to hear about your condition b88b
I dont have any advice to give you....
Except maybe....be positive...worrying makes anything worse...even a simple headache...
So keep yourself engaged...dont let your mind imagine things....

Your not being silly, if your symptoms continue you need to mostly go to the doctor and get checked out.

You're not being silly, that is a long list of symptoms and some of which are ones that you need to know where it stems from. It's better to be safe than sorry, you should go see a doctor and know exactly what it is you're dealing with and you can take it from there

It is never ever silly to ask questions when your sick. One doctor told me that some doctors will be rude when you ask questions that they can not answer, because they do not want you to know that they don't know. But it sounds to me like you have very caring doctors trying to figure out what is wrong with you. I do not know what M.E. is, are you sure it's not M.S.. I was tested for that too. Had the needle nerve testing done, as well as, two spinal taps. Had several EEG tests, and boy do I hate those with the wires attached to my head and all the goop to fasten them there. Then either carrying a box around over night or laying on a stretcher watching my brain waves on a screen. All these tests do help diagnosis most conditions. But the bills can add up while we hopefully wait for the answer that explains everything. Do not ever consider yourself a hypochondria on this forum. I think it's fair to say we all feel that way sometimes, but know in our hearts that the truth is we are scared to face the days ahead not knowing what is wrong.

Sweeds... M.E is another of those crazy conditions that docs are befuddled over. Back in England several years ago they nicknamed it yuppy flu as it tended to affect younger people in high stress jobs. over there it was actually talked about before Fibro and my mum was misdiagnosed with that before they tagged her with Fibro.

I don't know what ME is either... I didn't see the answer in this post, maybe I missed it?

Just becuase they are doctors do not let them tell you it is just in your head. You know when something is off or wrong. Just becasue someone looks o.k. on the outside does not mean something is not going on internally. Keep on believing in yourself and what your body is trying to tell you. Don't stop till you find someone who listens and can help. Stay positive, and try relaxation techniques.

I don't think it's silly at all. Anything this serious is not silly. You have done the right thing by coming here and asking for advice. I think you need to keep searching and the answer will come. Try a different doctor too.

Why in the world would you think you're being silly. If you're experiencing things that are so concerning and your doctors don't feel there is an issue, please make sure to go to a large city and get several second opinions just to be safe. Most of the time when I look back in life, the thing I wish I'd done the most is trust my gut, not listen to experts.

Hi there,

Of course you are not being silly. Any person experiencing the symptoms you have mentioned above would be worried and concerned.
As far as your test results are concerned, you said you did a head CT/EMG/EEG and so on. Were they negative or positive? did the doctor tell you? Did you do a lumbar puncture? Because since you said that you have had recurrent sore throats, the cause might be due to a virus. Usually, EM is diagnosed on a basis of exclusion plus based on the symptoms. Therefore, I would recommend you do see a neurologist. He/she will be more able to help and counsel on the symptoms you are experiencing.
I hope things work out for you!
All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back