Yoga / Tai Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoga definitely helped my mom. Her and i would go do hot yoga together, and as a result, she was calmer, fitter, and less likely to have severe bouts of pain. When she did have pain, she said it wasn't as bad. i think some form of exercise is important in keeping your muscles toned, which might help your overall pain?

I hope that helps :)

I definitely think that Taichi is a great way to relief any pains and even stress. Becuase it is a slow movement practice it helps to realax your body, and your mind as well. I'm more of a martial arts kind of guy over taichi, but I have done it and it's a great workout.

xHysteria.

I think that this YouTube Video shows about the closest to the form that I've most often seen being taught for gentle exercise. I haven't seen any instructor doing that super-low-dip to the ground though!

That looks very relaxing for sure! Would the same benefits apply to those with
knees that wouldn't allow so much bending? I'd thing that the other movements
would easily still be beneficial. I enjoyed watching this... it's even relaxing to watch,
so I can tell it would be great doing it in this gentle form.

This kind of proves that our instructor was way too progressive... these movements
were in the routine, but then the high kicks were much more "forceful" than this lady
is doing them.

I don't see why it wouldn't be beneficial just because you can't squat as deep on some of the moves!

Great... that's what I suspected. I'll have to pass this video on to my two friends with Fibro.
I know the one gal would say no, she can't bend her knees like that, but it's good to have a
comeback like "well then use it for the rest of your body!" :)

I did yoga regularly until I dislocated my shoulder in January 2012 (blacked out and fell). I found it helped with my back problems somewhat, and now that my shoulder is finally getting to the point where I can do more I may try to get into the habit again. Anything to help strengthen my muscles. I was helping my dad with some tractor repairs yesterday and really felt the "burn" when I had my arms raised for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back