Not open for further replies.

Cheryq03

Diagnosis
04/2002
Country
US
State
TX
When I was diagnosed'd 12 years ago nobody said my vitamin D levels were low. now when I have annual blood draw D is very low. To take what doctor wants me to it eventually makes me sick and IBS flares. Has anyone noticed this or knows about research. It like a catch 22.

I'm not sure about the research but I have also been told my vitamin D is low and have to take it daily ever since I was diagnosed with fibro, Not sure the correlation yet though

I have low vitamin D as well and have been given prescriptions for 50,000 IU's a couple of times but with no side effects. I would call the doctor's office and tell them of the effects it is having on you. You can also do some research on getting vitamin D by spending a limited amount of time in the sun each day if that is an option for you....I cannot take too much sun especially if it is humid outside, but I also have trouble keeping up with taking vitamins/supplements daily....the never ending struggle continues but we must stay strong!

hi

was diagnosed with low vit d prior to fibromyalgia. took pharmacy vit d (50,000iu) a couple of times and my doc ok'd store bought vit d (10,000iu daily).
my levels are ok now

When I was first diagnosed with Fibromyalgia my Dr. prescribed vitamin D for me, but she did not prescribe anything else. When I found out about Lyrica or Cymbalta she refused to prescribe any of these medications for me. Since then I now have another primary care physician and also another Rheumatologist and they are taking great care of me. :)

I am having the same problem. I was just told by my doctor to take 5000 IU of Vit D twice a day. I have been doing so for 5 days and today I am having an IBS flare, haven't had one like this in a long while. Not sure, but thinking it's the Vit D. What to do, what to do?

I would like to take this time and invite u to our prayer line. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and what has helped me get through the day is prayer. Those of u who suffer from Fibromyalgia u know that we have no days that are pain free. This helps me join us at 6am, noon, 6pm, and midnight for approximately 30minutes with the exception of 6pm prayer at the most we are on the prayer line at that time for about 15minutes. Call in 567-314-0153 enter access code 2213508 followed by the # sign.

There can be various causes of having low Vitamin D. But I know that I have low Vitamin D. They have told me that it is significant how low mine are. I also have FMS. I am wondering if it is possible that there is a connection between this deficiency and FMS.

Was D deficient but thanks to supplements is normal. Kept brings told it's would help Fibro. That was two years ago and still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back