Status
Not open for further replies.
Fubar,

You offered no evidence as to why weed is a cop out. Talk about being uninformed. Have you noticed that this entire board is on board with medical marijuana except for you? Try to prove otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
they have all that by being stoned mild or like drug users

it is like drinking allot and other self medicating fibro we have pain but not enough for that

moods depression its a band aid cover up not a fix

hey grandmas high now shes fun

its altered reality no matter tho dose

cancer terminal let them use

do you watch the news the states that allow one thousands show up around the block

that many are so sick they need it i dont think so

and its state the cops can arrest you its not government federal approved just state

so there can be arrests

but what the f ever every one wants a easy fast fix and not dealing with it

try being bone cancer and other cancers lupus before the current meds and others i cant imagine and keep me going

try the pain that makes the pain scale a joke pain that pain clinics cant measure or help

i have been to so many of those bloody clinics Rheumatologist say nothing left they can do neurologist say the same

docs we are at the end of options

i am far from the worst on earth far from know all or all the suffering i do know i call it easy way out

i choose to live fight and keep my pain meds and others lower than offered to stay alert lucid and feel alive

so ignore my post and go on listing reasons and people you know on it

you know i shouldn't have stooped to that level and probably not forced my opinion so much

we are all different we view and deal with our pain focus or dont focus

that said i dont regret my words on what i called sorry forum like your right to opinion i have mine to i have the right rude or not to call it how i see it how i feel about it

and as far as the fight petty sad to even have started the first post unless im still missing something says no limits

the post name says no limits says no just positive or those who support it it says pot under the discussion area of forums

that means even people like me have a right to post

i cant post i have very severe problems and always come off and taken wrong

but that does not mean i still cant express my voice or opinion taken rude or however that secound post was and is the last unles i was politly engaged or offered ways of thinking etc

i engaged in a fight stooping low and being petty instead of quit

so all i apologize for is the fight

my posts words no we all post somewhere and come across rude or harsh

thats it no discussion im turning off reminders for this post so fight comment cuss complain all you want i wont see or respond

I don't know about fibromaylgia, but I have a family member who uses medical marijuana for arthritis, and it works amazing. It puts them in a fantastic mood, their muscles are more relaxed, and it just treats so much more than just the physical pain. Emotional pain is such a huge factor in it, too, and marijuana helps put things into perspective so many feel less depressed.

I had to stop taking Etocolac for the arthritic pain in my hands and feet. Even with its being non-addictive, Etodolac's side affects grew unmanageable and a bit dangerous.

Medical Marijuana has replaced the Etodolac quite nicely. Crocheting isn't nearly the impossible dream it was a year ago.

Last edited:
ok time to be hated before even a week on this site

weed is a cop out and only for people with bone and other cancers already with a death sentance

i refuse to ever use it

i have never used drugs drinking or anything else

a 10 is a good day in my life read my other post

i have fibro chronic pain tore to hell lower back that without painkillers and special boots i cant walk far

i have a gland dying and calcifying in my head daily headaches or worse migraines i have passed out from

i pass out off and on from the pain im in

i use Fentanyl buccal is used to treat "breakthrough" cancer pain that is not controlled by other medicines. im on that

and oxy that keeps it a 9 or 10 just barley below my pass out point which i have taught my body to fight and not pass out

i still do chores walking shopping etc i will never quit until it quits or i die fighting it if you run out of prescription then i will suffer like i already do

i have lived in some sort of pain my whole life and my past being called lazy i have broken dislocated most everything pushing to try to show im not lazy

i found martial arts focus and center to be a great aid its far from gone but you making your mind focus elsewhere

It is wonderful that you can manage without using medications, but to imply that anyone who cannot is copping out is more than cruel. There is indeed pain that is non cancerous but severe enough for cancer like pain control. It sounds like you believe that, unless cancer is present, we should struggle with writhing pain.

This isn't an endurance contest. It is the reality many of us face.

Also, there are conditions that are simply too dangerous for any treatment beyond pain management. In my case, any surgeries or spinal epidural injections jeopardize my ability to breathe on my own. The source of much of my pain is too near the base of my skull, and the brain stem. I won't risk injections or surgery in that area.

If you can escape through martial arts, fine, but most of us are past the point where simple distractions work and, perhaps, your pain is not nearly as devastating as mine. My doctor was happy to refer me for a Medical Marijuana card after seeing my MRI's and treatment history.

your pain is not nearly as devastating as mine. My doctor was happy to refer me for a Medical Marijuana card after seeing my MRI's and treatment history.

do you have a clue what mine is what my days are filled with have you run out of answers and stuck with a primary complaining about everything

you have no clue where mine or anyone elses is at all i know and say is i dont advocate pot

ive run out of options drugs thinking skills

its about tollerance about always moveing fibro has been proven to get worse if anyone refuses to move

i walk the stores and go to the car to scream afterwards

i refuse easy ways i could get higher drugs than i have i dont you say mirical small dose

thats what they say about beer a little wont hurt

any street drug will make you feel better because your strung up

lets see how fast you can drop pot i can drop oxy for a month if i need to no addiction

who is lazy and wont go to the store

who sits all day and complains

Last edited by a moderator:
^unnecessary.... This is not a place for competition. Not a place for name calling. Not a place for people to pick fights.

This forum is for everyone's benefit to discuss treatment, vent about doctors, vent about their pain, talk with others who understand what it is like to be in constant pain day in and day out.

Please be kind to one another.

I just blazed up a fat spliff, fubar and I am feeling no pain. Ha. I win. You should really be banned from this forum. Your profanity and personal attacks have no place here. Just go away.

:-D thank you for your input. ive been trying to tell my doctors this for a long time..I use cannabis for my fm.I was dignosed 3 yrs ago and just moved to a new province and have to start over with doctors.. Really hate doing that..
1sweed is a little misinformed. Cannabis is non-addictive, unlike opioid pain meds, has virtually no dangerous side effects, and is impossible to overdose on. I tried using it as a medicine on a doctor's recommendation for insomnia in the late 90's. My findings are that smoking is not so great to help one fall asleep, consuming is way better for that. Smoking does help immensely to increase appetite for those of us nauseated by food, as well as take care of nausea after eating. Cannabis is an amazing stress reliever, which for those of us with FM does bring pain relief. Overall, I like that it helps with many of my ailments while not making me worse from side effects. Additionally, the medical community has found that cannabis is not physiologically addicting, like opioids, most sleep medications, or caffeine.
For consumption, I recommend making cannabis butter. There are many videos and forums that can go into more detail if you need, but the concept is easy. First, boil the ground up leaves, stems, and/or flowers for 3-8 hours (opinions vary, I do it for about 6 hours and have good results) with butter. The cannabinoids are bound in oil and you want to draw out the oil from the plant material and have it bind to the fat in the butter. Next, strain water into a large enough bowl using cheesecloth in strainer, pour clean hot water over material to rinse out butter/oil, squeeze cheesecloth to get water/oil/butter out. (My wife like to make me hot cocoa by tying off the cheesecloth and steeping in warm milk and adding melted chocolate chips, never slept better) Set the bowl of water/butter in the fridge for a few hours, the butter rises and solidifies. You can then carefully pull the butter off and store in a sealed container in the fridge. The "canna-butter" can be substituted in any recipe calling for butter or vegetable oil. Personally, I make brownies from mix and use the butter instead of vegetable oil. Cookies are also convenient. (Please treat as any medicine and keep out of reach of children!) If your state has dispensaries, you may be able to buy ready-to-eat products.
It sounds like you are new to cannabis, it will take some time to determine the dosage that best suits your need. Keep in mind that it takes about an hour or so for effects to kick in, and the effects will last many hours (about 8 hours for me). If you take a little too much, don't worry (overdose levels are way too high to worry about), just stay calm and realize the effects will pass. Start off small and remember to wait about 2 hours before deciding to take more if you aren't feeling it. The effects can creep up on you and can be overwhelming if one ingests more than one needs.
Do your research first, as with any new medicine. See if the risks are worth the benefits for you. Personally, I have found cannabis to be the safest drug to use for many of my ailments (insomnia, lack of appetite, nausea from pain and food, stress, anxiety).

I hope this info helps. Good luck and be well.

ive been useing nabilone for a year now and find a big difference in my sleeping and pain levels. Oh and my moods are much happier now. I cant explain the difference it has made in my every day life. I havent smoked it but i do take it in pill form and i make a bath and body rub out of the stems and leaves. i like the vaporiser idea i may have to try that. I just moved to different province so now i have to find a doctor who supports me in this...

Whether one agrees with anothers opinion or not, please try to avoid name calling or rude replies. this forum is for ideas on helping other people deal with the painful and otherwise problems that effect our health due to fibromyalgia. I offered an opinion based on life experence living with someone who was addicted to pot. I did not say that anyone should not use it, just be careful and don't over do until you see how your body reacts to the use of it and go from there. :)

I hope those of you who reply will keep things civil and avoid saying things that are demeaning to others here. We all are fighting the health problems of fibro and we build friendships through the sharing of ideas and hints, and knowledge of what works and what does not work, or what might work.

Hope you all have a good day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back