Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NH
Hello, it's nice to meet all of you. I'm sure my story will be familiar, as many of you are (or have) experienced similar problems. I've had "random pain" for many years, but in the last two it got bad enough that I couldn't work.

After tests upon tests coming up negative, after doctor after doctor acting like I was crazy, after friends and family stopped believing me someone suggested I might have fibromyalgia. Now, I knew several people who had it, but knew nothing about it. When a family friend heard me talking about it and said, "Well... it could be fibro," I was mystified. I'd heard it tossed around before, but not at me.

By that time I was neck deep in attempts to claim Disability because I have been unable to work due to severe pain and exhaustion for years. Heck, I can barely manage my house let alone go out eight hours a day and stand at a register. I have not yet received a diagnosis, officially, because they keep telling me the test is "inconclusive" since I'm not seeing them on the worst possible days. That's hard for me to do because I can't predict them!

At this point I'm tearing my hair out, and I'm very, very sick of my family and friends acting like I'm lazy or lying. What's worse than that though is the "sympathy" when I'm having a bad day. They tell me to "do what I need to do" but it's in such a tone that says they believe I'm lying. It's horrid.

So... there you have my story. Huzzah for me.

Hi and welcome to the forum. You are right to say we can all understand what your going through and it is really hard dealing with family members and friends, who do not believe your really ill. I have the same trouble with my family and they can lay on the hardest chores, and not think about how hard it is for me too do. So I offer a hug to let you know everyone feels your pain and we have talked about this in different areas of the forum.

Please jump right in and post anywhere you want and ask questions or just offer your thoughts to someone else in need of help. Look forward to getting to know you through your posts. :)

Thank you very much 1sweed! I appreciate your warm welcome and words of encouragement. I very much need them. I will be getting to know everyone, I hope, over time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back