Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2000
Country
US
State
ky
I was diagnosed about 14 yrs ago with fibro.... my muscle pain has gone from bad to worse over the past 2 yrs..... doing anything around my house takes me all day long... of course there is all the things that ppl say can help but the dr wont give me due to having a heart attack 9 yrs ago..... a friend of mine has ms and she thinks that I have dual symptoms of both...... I cant hardly swallow anymore without getting choked on something. walking is a nightmare, I stumble very easy bc I don't finish my step.... falling is getting to be a concern .... now I am getting ready to be sent to pain management bc of arthritis up my whole spine .... hoping that they don't send me to physical therapy..... I have a hard time picking up any amount of weight it hurts all over and get lucky if I don't drop what ever it is I have..... I am predominantly right handed and I have no strength in my right arm or hand now...... got severely dehydrated last yr and with my muscles deteriorating the toxins weren't washed out and it sent me into rhabdomyolosis .... now my kidneys are really weak and I don't know if that is from the rhabdo or from the fibro..... anybody else go through this bc it seems like I am totally alone

You are not alone! Perhaps the rest of us don't have every particular problem you have but we are all struggling with something-or a lot of somethings. I'm so sorry for your pain and the other problems, lack of strength, etc. Can you use a cane or walker to help your balance? Are you seeing a Dr. you trust to help you figure this all out? Hang in there, hold on. My prayers are with you.

thank you ruralchick..... I feel like all I do is complain...... and I know that it is not all in my head.... everything just keeps going from bad to worse and I am beyond tired..... I have recently had lumbar thorasic and cervical spine mri done and now they are telling me that I have spinal stenosis (arthritis) up my whole spine.... narrowing of the spinal canal and not sure that anything can be done.......... I just want to sit down and cry ,,,,, however that would just give me a bad headache

Me too! I hate to cry for all I get is a migraine and stomach upset when I do. This is the place to complain, we get it. Sorry for the stenosis, but it helps some to know why the body betrays you.

You are not alone! We all feel this way at times. It feels better to talk about it usually so post and complain to us, because we understand what you are going through.

taxi tammy, I can really hear you very well. I went through a similar stage in my life and it took me years to find ways and means to get better. patience is the key, no matter how tired you feel. The more you think about all the things that are going wrong, the worse you will feel. If you can focus on the aspects that make you feel good, no matter how small they are, then do it. In all this darkness and pain there is always a way.

Hi there! So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I fear I am suffering from the same. I don't have all your symptoms tho, but my spine has never been 100% well.

Don't lose hope! Have you seen a neurologist and get a head MRI done? Some of your symptoms sound neurological.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back