Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
ID
I'm really curious as to if anyone shares the same pain spots as me or has experienced them before ...

Right now, I'm having a flare up in my hand and my collar bone. Left side. Never have I had flare ups in those specific spots before.

Also, my biggest trigger point is my chest. I always have flare ups in my chest/arm that feel like I'm having a heart attack. I even have the tingling in my arm. I've been to the hospital many, MANY times for this, since it's my left side and it always comes back that my heart is fine.

I have PTSD from my dad going into cardiac arrest almost 3 years ago, so it's one of my biggest worries. Does anyone else experience flare ups in their chest/arm on the left side?

Yes I do but I also get it on the right side as well. It just depends on what my body chooses to do that day. Most days I'm just along for the ride.

Yes, my left arm and chest is where I have the most flares. Also on the right now. I'm newly diagnosed today but I've been having these flare ups for over a year. Recently it's been all over though. Both arms chest & legs. I've been through many test and all come back negative. Dr. Perscribed Lyrica hopefully it works. I start it tonight any feedback on this medicine would be great.

I started Lyrica when I was diagnosed in 2012 and it definately takes the edge off. I'm on 75mg twice a day, but I think I need to get the dosage turned up because I'm in so much pain all the time recently. But, starting out, I felt SO much better. Good luck with it!

Ty It's been a few days and lyrica has helped until last night bad flare up I. My right arm..I'm taking 50 mg a day until Tuesday then go to 100mg for a week. After that dr has want me to go to 300mg. It seems to me like a lot! I'm hoping that I can stay at 100mg and manage my flares. I'm not one to take a lot of meds so we will see..

I'm really curious as to if anyone shares the same pain spots as me or has experienced them before ...

Right now, I'm having a flare up in my hand and my collar bone. Left side. Never have I had flare ups in those specific spots before.

Also, my biggest trigger point is my chest. I always have flare ups in my chest/arm that feel like I'm having a heart attack. I even have the tingling in my arm. I've been to the hospital many, MANY times for this, since it's my left side and it always comes back that my heart is fine.

I have PTSD from my dad going into cardiac arrest almost 3 years ago, so it's one of my biggest worries. Does anyone else experience flare ups in their chest/arm on the left side?

My aunt has the exact same symptoms and it really drove her crazy because it makes her so uncomfortable all the time. I think it's very typical for people with fibromyalgia. Eventually, my aunt just got used to it and she does not get paranoid anymore each time she experiences it.

I really suggest keeping yourself busy all the time so that you won't end up having to diagnose what's going on with your body all the time.

It seems pain governs either the left or the right side, only one at the time tho. I have heard there are folks here with the same issue, so there might be a connection. I think not many people mention it because some people are so busy with their pain they can't think of anything else, actually I just started to notice I get pain in only one side at the time most of the time. I had never stopped to analyze if only one side was affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back