Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
tn
I have been reading today and came across a few articles about foods that can help you fight pain.
I know of dark green veggies like brussel sprouts and broccoli that help with inflamation and pain but are there any others associated with pain relief?

I mean there are certain types of food that ease digestive pains. Like Indian food for example. Roti, and dal ( a dried pulse soup). Also has plenty of poppy seeds. There are also foods for arthritis pain, foods rich in calcium and iron that ease the pain .

Kale is very good at fighting pain. I take it in smoothie form - although I make in a Nutribullet as most blenders wouldn't be able to deal with it satisfactorily. I put nuts, seeds, apples and beetroot in the smoothie (all raw) and I have it 3-4 times per week. The Nutribullet grinds it down perfectly smooth. Along with taking turmeric capsules, I think it's one of the best remedies for natural pain relief there is.

I am also interested in taking cider vinegar, but I'm still in the process of researching it. Somebody here on the forum alerted me to the fact that it may be too acidic for some stomachs, particularly if you suffer from GERD or other stomach complaints.

Thank Cress17. I will look into that. I didn't realize they made such a small blender. Looks like it is perfect for quick drinks before work or during. I

just don't want to be one of those people taking every pain pill there is and feeling like crap all the time because of it. They take more of a long term

toll on your body than most people think.

Cayenne is good at fighting most ailments, to include pain especially Fibromyalgia pain. I love spicy things, especially cayenne. I put it on most everything, especially a little a little pinch on my eggs in the morning. Along with medication, therapy, and injections, the cayenne helps some.

Hai, i am doing a paper about related to this and this help a lot, thank you

I heard pineapple is good for inflammation, and inflammation is a source of pain in most cases. I guess a lot inflammatory processes are guilty of that and other things (or so I heard). I also heard a good diet helps, sadly I love processed food and find it so hard to quit. I know that if only I could start a vegetarian diet and stick to it things would be much better. I don't even like meat that much...

I think i read something once about malic acid, in apples? And coconut, something in coconut.

Consider stopping all grains in your diet for 30 days at the end of the 30 days make a judgment as to how grains might have been affecting you

Also there is a supplement called bromelain that is extracted from pineapple that is a great digestive aid and anti inflammatory.

I've tried bromelain actually due to stomach issues, but I didn't notice a big difference. Why do you say that free grain diet might help?

Aloe vera is a good source to relieve GERD, I drink mine in lemonade when I have eaten something that may upset my stomach. Ginger is also a good pain relief spice, add it to the food or drink it as tea.

Aloe Vera is good for so many things, we can buy it or just use a plant that we have, it's that good.

At one time I drank a cup of Stagg apple cider vinegar a day for a couple of weeks to see if it would help -- it didn't help. The biggest problem with vinegar (and lemon juice) is that it will damage teeth if it is allowed to remain in contact with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back