Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
Hi everyone. Newbie here. I'm glad I found this forum.

This has been on my mind over the last couple of weeks. I am trying to find something that explains the pain I'm in. It started with one shoulder. Then both. Then my left hip. Now the pain is in my arms, legs and hands. My left elbow is starting to hurt now.

I've been to two orthopedic docs and they saw inflammation in my shoulders and hip, along with calcification forming in my hip. They recommended physical therapy as I can't tolerate cortisone shots. PT isn't helping. It seemed, at times, like the pain was subsiding, and other days it felt worse at PT.

My memory has been failing me as well. I am currently seeing a therapist for trauma. I figured that was the reason. But then I read about fibro-fog. Could that be it? I'm wondering.

I just drove to Florida from Texas. The drive laid me out. It's been almost a week and my symptoms feel worse. I'm dreading the drive back.

What was your experience before your diagnosis? What do you recommend I do? Should I see a rheumatologist? How do they establish a diagnosis? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You should seek a better doctor, from the sound of it the docs you have seen haven't really given you a good answer, at least some certainity. I'd go see a different rheumatologist if i were you. You DEFINITELY need to see a good one, he should try the trigger point test on you and order several test to rule out things like MS, lupus or Lyme's disease.

I haven't seen a rheumatologist yet, but I think I'm going to call and make an appointment. I've seen orthopedic docs and scans show I have bursitis, but the pain is no longer limited to my hip and shoulders.

There are a lot of health symptoms that can be caused by fibromyalgia, including those that you have listed in your post, however one of the most important things that you can possibly do is to make sure your doctor sends you for tests so that you can rule other things out. Sometimes, with people who have this condition, you can find that other things get missed because health professionals are simply to fast to write symptoms off as being a part of fibromyalgia, when that simply might not be the case at all. So if you don't feel that your doctor is being as supportive as s/he could be, you should ask to be seen by somebody else, as there is always the chance that seeing the right person could make a huge difference when it comes to being able to manage your condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back