Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
TX
I was just wondering how the forum is helping each person. I notice that there is five of us that write replies and a large number of viewers. I replied to others because I think it can help them. I read about others and know I'm not crazy or alone with fibro. Please reply.

I read entries for a long time before I "jumped in". Sometimes I feel more alone after an entry. It was very hard to accept FM is now a part of my life when I had so many things I wanted to do now that I can,(retired). Much of that has been placed on a maybe-probably not status. I have honed down my expectations to the best now--God, family and grandkid fun.

I have just joined, but reading other peoples experiences is helpful in that I can go "Oh, yeah! It's not just me."

Would be nice if this place was a bit more social though.

The forum gives the fibro sufferer a place to feel safe to vent our feelings about our individual experiences with fibro. It's the family support we wish we had in our personal lives. Also, we get to see what other medicines, therapies, etc. other people are using to manage their symptoms. The forum supports the difficult transitions that fibro brings to people's lives (jobs, lifestyle, relationships).

I come every day .yes it's slow but remember a lot of ppl still have to work.and have family's to care for.this place gives me somewhere t rant and rave. And talk to ppl who understand.like today I have rotton shakes im finding it hard to write lol.

Thanks all for taking the time to rely. I glad you all share because I learn from it . keep helping folks!

Rualchick, I have been diagnosed with sever fibro, 2discs in my back and one in my neck,lupus since it was nine yes old,small fiber neuropathy. These 5 things I have had checked out. My neurologist told us, I have very good news and some bad news. The good news,none of these are going to kill me and all my organs are fine. The bad news is you have 5 of the most painful things you can have. There is no cure for any of them. Your are very healthy but will be in sever pain the rest of your life. As tears came down my face I thanked him and left. I want you to know that not evey day is so bad. You can travel and do all those things you planned for your retirement. Its just as easy to suffer in a hotel room in Spain as it is in your living room at home. I have to live my life watching for metals ad stainless steal as those shock me like I'm being tazered. Metal is also a trigger for the SFN and the fibro. Doctors tell me to stay away from metal. I go out every night no matter how I feel. Believe it or not if you can get your mind off of the pain, like taking a vacation or having dinner out. You will feel better. Enjoy every minute of life. Your not tied to the house. Get with pain mgt n try to do as much as you can while you still can! Stay well��

WOL, I to wish they had a chat room here.
Maybe one day. If you or any of you need to chat
I'm here for you. Just msg me. I try to come here everyday.
I look at my post about my metal problem in hopes to find others with it.I will always give you honest answers. Thanks to eveyone.

I read a lot of post but really do not feel like i have a lot to offer. It does help to know that we do not suffer alone.

I come here to know I'm not alone, to tell others they're not alone, and to share ideas about meds, coping, etc.

I wish the forum were a lot more active, but I suspect that it's because the forum is made up of a bunch of fibro/cfs sufferers. Our headaches make it hard to read the posts, our muscle aches make it exhausting & painful to type replies, our brain fog makes it a huge effort to comprehend a post and even harder to form a coherent response, and in general we're just too exhausted to post/reply enough to make this forum more active.

(Now that my fingers and shoulders throb from typing this, I'm going back to bed.)

I'm finding more new folks joining each day.
They are all looking for answers. Try to give answers even if you feel it may not help.
If it will start a new person thinking
Instead of given in to fibro its worth it.
Help and learn. Hang in there folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back