muscle spasm. do you get them with fibro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmetryme

Extremely helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
TX
Hello all, I went through severe muscle spasms last night. Lasted over one hour.
Not painful just scary. My muscles in my upper arms,thigh,calf and chest were as I call it "firing off".
They all took turns doings this. It was uncontrollable and severe. I was lying down and it would fire off and lift my arm off the couch. Same with leg's. Lasted so long that I had to go to sleep for me to get a break. All my muscles felt like they had been through a workout at the gym. Then they were sore and began hurting. This has happened to me when I was in my 20s and now 3 times in 3 month's. I did have neurologist check me for MS and Parkinson's already and do not have those.
I'm setting an appointment with neurologist today he wants to see the video my wife made.

Is this the fibro? Do you have this happen to you.

Well today I go back to neurologist to check out
Why I had such bad spasms. He already told my
Wife he has never seen this. So as I received no
Response that this is not part of fibro. Maybe its the
Lupus.

Well I get them. Depends what I've been doing to.sometimes in the legs arms .i also get vibration in my feet and butt like I'm standing or sitting over a tube St .

I get bad spasms in my legs all the time. The rest of my body gets them also but not as bad. My Dr can find no explanation so Fibro related is what I have been told. I take a muscle relaxer at bed time when it gets bad otherwise I just rest/nap to help. Fibro causes our nerves to be on hyper-mode so sometimes if we are tired or we over do then that is how our body responds.

Well the doctor told me yesterday after viewing the videos.
That its not the nerves.its the muscle. Not fibro. Being it lasted over one hour,the nerves do not have that much energy. Being the arms and legs were lifting off the couch and chair the nerves can't do that. The nerves are shaking only.
He thinks its due to my meds and the levels.
Gabby(1800 per day) gralese (1800 per day). So being the GP refused to ween me off the gabby and just stopped it. I begged the GP to not just stop it that I would have
Withdrawals. He is no longer my GP! Also I'm taking my muscle relaxers everyday (3).
That is to much as well. Which will cause the muscles to do this. So I'm now being weened off them too. I'm to take them as needed not eveyday. Once again prepare for a pissing contest between doctors. Refill as early ASD possible. Talk to your doctor each time you refill. Be sure they are still on the same plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back