Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2004
Country
US
State
FL - Florida
Hi, My name is Sis. I am 62 and been suffering with fibro now for 10 yrs. I joined this forum because today for me is an extremely bad day. The pain worse than ever especially in my legs. In the past 10 yes I have gone through numerous meds, most of which did not help. I've come to the realization that many doctors don't believe your pain. Even my own children think I over exaggerate my pain until I tried to commit suicide. Yes there are good days but they are few and only last for a couple of hours at a time. I've have tried everything and at this point feel hopeless. Thanks for listening. Sis

Hi Sis, I'm new here too. I can understand about your frustrations. I had been told I had fibro quite a few years back but I didn't believe it. I was convinced it was some type of muscle disorder and enough "something" wasn't being produced to make the muscles heal themselves. I put up with it for a long time taking different meds and trying not to overdue anything. Suddenly one 1/2 yr ago I got worse and new symptoms seemed to come out every few months. Then I had the original fibro diagnosis confirmed by 3 more docs. I have thought of suicide also. Just when I think I had the worst flare ever, another worse one comes along. I try to live one day at a time. When I have a reasonably good day I feel really thankful and try to go from there. It helps to tell others about it also. No one wants to feel alone and here we find so many others that have similar physical and emotional pains. I have only posted a couple times but I read your post and it resonated with me. No one had replied yet and I just wanted you to know that I heard you and you are not alone. You helped me because I opened up and got some stuff out. Thank you so much! Please stick around.

Sis, thanks for posting! I do understand your pain.
Remember that killing yourself will also affect the
Others in your life. As I know spoty is new I'm so
proud of both of you. Sis you helped someone today.
If you weren't here they would have been no help.
Spoty your doing the right thing,I hope both of you
Have learned that you can help.

Sis I do understand your pain. I can't live my life day by day any more.
I live it minute by minutes. I'd like you to read my posts called I need help with
My metal problem. You can learn a little about my daily life. Tell your doctors and family that don't Believe your pain level. When they have a migraine can you prove you have it or even that you are in pain. Family won't believe you so don't let them get you down.
You can get a new doctor. Hang in there. Continue posting and replying it helps
Us all cope a little better. Just ask spoty��.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back