Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
manitoba
Ive had this randomly happen for a long time, I will have patches of skin that are supper sensitive, actually I remember this happening even when I was much younger. I am 17 now and I have had fibromyalgia since I was 14 (as far as I know ) and I get these patches of skin that look perfectly normal but any touch is just unbearable, its very hard to explain. The other day, this happened on my shoulder, it looked red (it usually just looks normal) and even my hair brushing agianst it hurt! I also have alot of nerve pain and weird nerve sensations, is this nerve pain? Has anyone had this before?

Also, before I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I was experiencing very bad join pain, my joints felt inflamedand also when I woke up my fingers would be swollen, so my doctor thought it was arthritis, these symptoms lasted around 8 months (a long time) but went away, has anyone had this before?

Thank you so much for reading! I would really appreciate it if anyone could reply if they have any stories or experiences in common with this! :)

I get sore skin . So sore I can't be touched there so yes fibro does do that.
Now the joint pain your feeling isn't your joints it's the muscles attached to them, but feels just like joint pain.swollen fingers I get a lot so stiff can barely move them .this can last months at a time then is gone in a blink of an eye. But if Dr is sure u have fibro and nothing else then yes fibro can do all these thing to u . It's sad u have this so young I feel for u at that age .sending gentle hugs xx

Do u take lyrica? If not check it out. Ask your dr. Good luck.

I was at a naturalist doctor. I was diagnosed with severe fibro. Willing to try anything. She advised me that one of the stages of fibro is what you are experiencing. Eventually I would not be able to wear clothes.
I'm sorry to hear you have it. BTW she could not help me.
She told me at this stage I'm in I should be on morphine and she could not prescribe it. At least she was honest;-) stay well.

Can't wear cloths one day omg what a thing to tell u.thats not very helpful at all . Not everyone with very bad fibro has to walk about nakkid lol.

I'm beginning to become very sensitive to certain materials. I've always tried to stay in fashion, now my cloths are mostly cotton prefer soft.
Anyone have ideas? Sweats are getting old.

My husband just bought me a pair of "pajama jeans"" and they are the most comfortable item,besides my actual pjs. They are soft like sweats or pjs but look like jeans. The waist is a stitched band so no elastic or seams to poke/bother. I spend my days in very soft/loose pjs usually because my skin is so sensitive but now I can wear these and go out without anyone actually knowing I am in my pjs.

Flannel pant or cotton are nice on the skin. I still wear my jeans mostly.leggings are nice and soft to.as for tops cotton or very soft wool jumpers.

Sabrina, has your doc looked into CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome)? Some of what you describe sounds like CRPS.

Some of it also sounds fibro related. When I'm having a really bad fibro day, I feel light touch as searing pain. I always tell my friends that they can punch me, they just can't gently rub my shoulders.

....When I'm having a really bad fibro day, I feel light touch as searing pain. I always tell my friends that they can punch me, they just can't gently rub my shoulders.

This! My husband doesn't understand how a firm touch is fine sometimes yet a light brush in the same spot is horrendous.

Look up **ALLODYNIA**. I experienced that twice, it felt almost like a super intense sunburn but not as superficial... it felt like it was IN the skin or just under it. It felt burned and bruised and any fabric touching it hurt. I had it in my shoulders/deltoids and abdomen, and the other time was my whole upper arm and thighs. A friend of mine with fibro says she gets it in her lady parts, feels like she's sitting on a searing hot fry pan :(
I wasn't on nerve pain meds then and didn't bother with NSAIDS, I just took a hot bath & shower and wore super loose, soft clothes. Each episode for me lasted <24hours so it was tolerable.
Good luck, hope this helps!

I get sore skin . So sore I can't be touched there so yes fibro does do that.
Now the joint pain your feeling isn't your joints it's the muscles attached to them, but feels just like joint pain.swollen fingers I get a lot so stiff can barely move them .this can last months at a time then is gone in a blink of an eye. But if Dr is sure u have fibro and nothing else then yes fibro can do all these thing to u . It's sad u have this so young I feel for u at that age .sending gentle hugs xx

Thanks so much :) and the rheumatologist said that I have fibromyalgia, but that if it gets worst to go back to her and concider lupus, so im not sure what that means :/ but its stayed pretty much the same, other things have happened in my health tho , thanks for replying! This site really helps, because none of my friends understand this thing, but everyone on here dose! :)

Do u take lyrica? If not check it out. Ask your dr. Good luck.

No , I dont im not on any medication, and my doctor isnt planning on putting me on any, because of the side effects, and im okay with that, I dont like the idea of taking so many pills, but I still wonder if it would really take away the oain, because I dont really remember not having pain! So that would be nice!
Thank you for your reply! :)

I was at a naturalist doctor. I was diagnosed with severe fibro. Willing to try anything. She advised me that one of the stages of fibro is what you are experiencing. Eventually I would not be able to wear clothes.
I'm sorry to hear you have it. BTW she could not help me.
She told me at this stage I'm in I should be on morphine and she could not prescribe it. At least she was honest;-) stay well.

Aw, im so sorry that its so bad for you :/ fibro is weird tho, because for a good year my pain was inbarable and now I can handle it and some of my horible symptoms just disappeared, so I hope that that happes for you! Maybe one day it will be easier to handle :) stay hopful! Thank you so much for your relpy!

Sabrina, has your doc looked into CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome)? Some of what you describe sounds like CRPS.

Some of it also sounds fibro related. When I'm having a really bad fibro day, I feel light touch as searing pain. I always tell my friends that they can punch me, they just can't gently rub my shoulders.

No , she hasnt, but I know I have tendonitis in my hips, shoulders and somthings going in with my knees, for months they have been supper tender, I also have nerve pain and some swelling in my feet and hands. Is that a part of CRPS? I will do some research, thank you! And I know what you mean! But most of the time anything hurts! If I stub my toe or my finger, they will turn bright red and hurt so much! Fibro makes you supper sensitive to everything! thanky ou for your reply! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back