Supper sensitive skin? and more.. please reply (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look up **ALLODYNIA**. I experienced that twice, it felt almost like a super intense sunburn but not as superficial... it felt like it was IN the skin or just under it. It felt burned and bruised and any fabric touching it hurt. I had it in my shoulders/deltoids and abdomen, and the other time was my whole upper arm and thighs. A friend of mine with fibro says she gets it in her lady parts, feels like she's sitting on a searing hot fry pan :(
I wasn't on nerve pain meds then and didn't bother with NSAIDS, I just took a hot bath & shower and wore super loose, soft clothes. Each episode for me lasted <24hours so it was tolerable.
Good luck, hope this helps!

Oh thats too bad, it has happened alot for me, but it dosent las too long either which is good! its almost always on my arms or shoulders, but somtimes on my abdomen. And I think that I have had what your friend had, my lady parts felt supper sore, even my underwear hurt, I had to sleep with nothing on :/ but it has knly happend a few times, thanks for replying! :)

Wow I don't have the energy to Rd all above posts, but....c out pajama jeans. They are soft to the skin. I had 2, and one got stolen.
They have soft shirts too.

Hi- when I am having a bad day, I too have sensitive skin. I can't tolerate a shower. I have to wear very soft cloths. There have been days that I call in sick because my bra, my underwear, etc hurt too much. The hands/finger thing I get too. I can have severe pain in my hand joints for like 3 days and then wake up one day and it is all gone. I did choose to take medication but not until it got to the point I couldn't handle it any longer. I was diagnosed with Depression at 13. I have always been on antidepressants, so they just added Wellbutrim to my other meds. Finally at 44 yr old, I started pain meds. My arthritis was just too much, the fibro amplifies the pain. You have to do what you feel is right. Living with pain is a hard way to live. I recently started Gabapentin and that is helping me a lot. I do live on Ralivia 400mg - 24hr release pain med.

Sometimes with this illness you have to ask yourself, how many days in the 7 day week are you in pain? and I mean pain above 5. Your quality of life is important. This illness is not going to go away. It will progress. So how many days in a week are you unable to "live" well? when you have enough days that are bad, you will decide what to do. When 5 out of 7 of my days were pain levels of 5+ I started pain meds. I was spending too many days suffering. But that is what my choice was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back