Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
Colorado
Hi there…I'm new and really struggling with flare ups recently. I have noticed they get really bad when I am stressed, or when I have particular stressors. I would love to know how you all address the pain during flare ups and just during your day in general. Im having a hard time, and my partner is as well. She feels helpless because it hurts when she simply touches me. Fortunately its not always like that, except when I have a bad flare up..Any advice on resources for partners of persons with fibro? Anything will help!

welcome. we all get more pain with stress. less stress = less pain. there are triggers to your flare ups. you need to find them.
for your partner, there is nothing she can do to stop your pain. she can show support and understanding. do things for you that you cant do.
the pain never stops it just dulls or reduces. take advantage of the good days and just try to make it through the bad days. i pace in my back yard.
i have worn a path around the fence line doing so. i cry often and sit in a dark room at times. meditation helps some if you can do it.
warm baths seem to help, so im told. the hot shower not so much. try to stay calm at all times. the others here will tell you more on what they do.

im glad you have a caring partner.

Hi there…I'm new and really struggling with flare ups recently. I have noticed they get really bad when I am stressed, or when I have particular stressors. I would love to know how you all address the pain during flare ups and just during your day in general. Im having a hard time, and my partner is as well. She feels helpless because it hurts when she simply touches me. Fortunately its not always like that, except when I have a bad flare up..Any advice on resources for partners of persons with fibro? Anything will help!

Also have specific triggers here as well. In fact have many many triggers as a result of C-PTSD and significant abuse history. And have found that these specific trauma-related triggers will not only illicit a PTSD/trauma response but also will trigger Fibro flare ups, IBS, migraines, and sometimes dissociative issues/states as well as a myriad of other responses. (Sorry, am digressing, will get back to topic) Am sure it's all related, at least seems to be the case here. But understand that not all people who have Fibro habe been abused. It's just one factor that seems to play into this mysterious ailment.

It hurts if the boyfriend touches or hugs here too. And it's painful for him and us here because there is such love for him and he's only trying to help. It's not fair, even a hug hurts sometiems. Not alone there.

User above has posted topic of keeping daily log/journal of symptoms. Thinks that's a wonderful idea! :idea: :)

Have found that what helps most here is this:
  • Really hot baths/soaks
  • Marijuana <----- gives most relief but sometime it doesn't cut it all da way
  • Dancing/Exercise
  • Hot packs (hot rice pack or other moist/warm pack)
  • Massage
  • Aromatherapy (oils in bath)
  • Yoga/Meditation

We are not allowed to post links here unless they are to government websites. But you can do a Google search for "partners with fibromyalgia". It seems to have turned up some great results! Hope that helps.

Anyway, am supporting you and listening and caring. If you ever need a friend to talk to feel free to message/add. You are definitely not alone. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums. :)

Last edited:
LovelyChantel, im so glad you are progressing with the forum. you really are starting to live now. as you see this forum helps all of us. thanks so much for posting. you are helping and im watching you with my one good eye...lol big hugs darlin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back