Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I'll keep this blunt.
I would really like to see more utube related down to earth Patient's.
The real world testimonies are most helpfull.
For anyone else out there who (likes). U tube, is it just me, or does anyone else get angry when only at the end of discussions "there's something to sell"
Note" don't be sucked into some corny remedy," that brings your checkbook in the red. I've been a lab rat for to long now.
On a positive note., I'm so thankful to my friends online, I really don't know what I would do without a place to learn and occasionally gripe.

Brain Fog:
BE SIDE THE DAILY PAIN, THE BRAIN Fog IS TERRIBLE!
Along with that comes a terrible intolerance to noise, some is better than other, but......for instance, If there's tv blasting,a phone call conversation going on, loud animals....I can't take it, or concentrate on anything.
It's so embarrassing, I feel, well......handicapped? Mentally slow, for a better word.
The daily life demands are overwhelming. I KEEP WAITING FOR THIS TO ....GO AWAY! I Am Usually a positive person, but....loosing my mind, well that's been the worst for me.
I'm going to see some one. I am going to add another subject under medications.
God Blesses messes

Moe,

you said:

Along with that comes a terrible intolerance to noise, some is better than other, but......for instance, If there's tv blasting,a phone call conversation going on, loud animals....I can't take it, or concentrate on anything.
It's so embarrassing, I feel, well......handicapped? Mentally slow, for a better word.

I hate to ask you to do more research, but i am asking you to do so.

My son has autism. these things you described are exactly what my son was experiencing. thats why we took him to the doctors. they did testing and found the autism. he takes meds for that. he has been on them now 10 years. he tells me they are helping him a lot. be advised that he is losing a lot of weight on them. im no doctor, im just a guy that cares about you. if you need help with the research please advise me and i will do what ever i can to help you feel even a little bit better. your friend,CME

THANK YOU! I FEEL LIKE IT BECAUSE EVER ONE IN MY FAMILY THINK IM OVERREACTING. SO IM OFF TO STUDY ABOUT AUTISM.
BTW WHO DO I see ? A neurologist?
If you don't mind....what kind of meds does your SON take? I WAS ON ANXIETY MEDS FOR 8 YRS. BUT WAS TAKEN OFF ABRUPTLY WHEN THE BIG SCARE OF PAIN MEDS AND THE OTHER TOGETHER WERE SAPOSE LY DANGEROUS.
THE ANXIETY IS BAD BAD BAD.

start with your GP. she can order your test and you trust her/him already. i know its not anxiety meds. i'd have to ask him what the meds are. i know he went through a few of them because of the rapid weight loss. they told him a few times to eat or lose the meds. i too have the anxiety and i dont have meds for that. it maybe because the morphine dont mix with the.. i used to have Ketamine in a nasal spray and it would calm me down in seconds.
some doctors believe that med is ok to prescribe and others believe that it is only for surgery. my new PM saw them in my bag of meds and snached them away from me and said you shouldn't have this at all. its made for surgery patients. ive been askng for them each visit. she tells me each time i dont believe in that. so the battle continues. that's one reason i started the daily log book. it not about what the doctor believes it's about what works for you.
keep me up to date on your research and get to the doctor and see if that test helps.

try some calming herbs in a tea. i smoke them but a tea may help you.

Moe, Heightened sensitivity to sound, smells, touch is another common fibro symptom. It causes sensory overload. Your body kind of goes into hypervigilance mode. Try deep breathing to bring down the anxiety and if you need to do so, leave the room and find a place to chill out from the stimulus. It's hard, I know. Take care.

Yes, sensitivity to light and sound, etc. is a symptom of fibro. I have it, too. I can't handle loud noises. I can't handle bright lights. I feel just like you. My brain fog is horrible. I can't concentrate on anything. I forget everything. Feel like I'm in a hangover all day long. Simple math is like a scientific experiment. I can't think of words. I've been lost in my own neighborhood, not realizing where I am when I am driving. It's horrible. Mentally handicapped as you described it is the same word choice I use. I have no other way to describe it. It sucks and it is not getting any better. I would like to break down this wall and get to my old self. I was a very smart girl. Graduated in the top ten of my class back in the day. Now, I feel stupid. It took me a long time to accept it. I think I am still trying to, but I just recently realized I am just going to have to forget, know I forget, and apologize for it. Being mad about it doesn't fix it. Acceptance is huge as it makes you less angry. My family are always looking at me like I am being mean, but when there is a loud clap or anything, it just sends shivers down me. Ew. I can't take it.

I think one of my Son's have the sensitivity to "certain noises". He can be blasting his music, but to sit in a quiet house certain noises bother he and I. Someone chewing with mouth open, crushing sounds, tapping sounds. My Husband thinks it's "weird". But to us as you know is no laughing matter. I seriously think I would do better on my own because, everything that bothers me doesn't bother anyone else, I have an ex stream sensitivity to toxic smells. We have 2 lg. Dogs, that I can't stand being around, cats that leave surprises for me......not my cats!.......
Sense being diagnosed, and then explaining to my husband, he won't hear me or have it. Denial! This leaves me to beleave He just doesn't care. Will find out soon cause I'm at the end of my rope. Thanks for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back