Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
TX
Hi all! It's good to find others who seem to have experienced similar symptoms. I've not been formally diagnosed with FM but my Rheumatologist suspects I have "a little fibro" but where do I go from here? I've been exercising and eating healthy which helps but I still have some painful achy days. I take Gabapentin at night but I think I need something to hold me over during the day while I work that does not make me sleepy (I am a nurse). Any suggestions/recommendations? I look forward to learning from those of you who are experienced FM sufferers. Thanks!
Juanita

Juanita, Hello and welcome to the forum.
You might try taking two Excedrin migraine tablets during the day to help with pain. I take Neurontin in the morning as well as, in the evening, but taking those two tablets every morning helps get me through the day.

Look around the forum and read the posts in the alternative methods, as well as, in the chronic pain section for more helpful ideas from other members on dealing with pain. look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

thanks for sharing today. we all look forward to your posts. im just not sure what a" little fibro" is? is it like your a little pregnant?
Please get answers from your doctor so you can make informed decisions from he on. see my post starting a daily log book. this will help you with your doctor visits and see my post what is fibromyalgia. these things will help you. keep posting.

It would help to have a Dr. who knows about and treats FM.

Thank you for reply. I thought my rheumatologist was well versed in FM but she seems to think my aches are related to a mild sleep apnea. I had a study done recently that confirmed it, now I have to work that up. Maybe symptoms will improve but these cloudy overcast days seem to really get to me which strengthen my suspicion that I do have FM.

I'm hoping that it's not Fibro. it is an awful thing to have. may you find what the issues are and may it be one that can be cured.
hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back