Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
every few months I get really painful fingers .when I wake up my ring finger and small finger seem to flop down.and instead of a fuild movement they seem to just drop when I open and close I hand.
It's so hard to explain.almost like robotic .
Now it's started in my right hand .had x rays done nothing there.
So bloody painful .anyone else suffer like this?

i dont have that, just hand is numb all the time. sounds like a blood flow thing to me.
try soaking in warm water and see if that helps.

My hands hurt all the time. It feels like the pain is in my joints, like a burning. Moving my fingers hurts and sometimes even light touch is painful. If I overuse my hands I get sharp pains. I don't have problems making my fingers move the way I want them to, though sometimes I do drop things.

The best thing for my hands is swimming. When I am moving my hands through the water they don't hurt.

I have pain in my hands sometimes, thank goodness it comes and goes. Go to Walmart and buy compression gloves! They feel wonderful to achy hands and fingers. They are reasonably priced. The only thing that saved me!

Scren
Erm as I live in the UK Walmart might be abit of a trek .

I will definitely try out compression gloves. Thanks for the tip scren

you are welcome! I know you won't be disappointed!

forgetmenot!
I am sure they have them at other places! Try on the internet or your local drug store!

DK Engineer, My fingers burn a lot with overuse also. Through school I remember typing papers was always awful, it is exactly that burning feeling. Like acid has been injected straight into my knuckles and fingers.

Thst sounds very familiar, frtbt, that's just how it feels!

I was diagnosed after a huge flare up in May this year. My hands have hurt ever since.

I am on the computer alot for work. I had to figure out new ways to use the computer that put less stress on my hands. I now use voice recognition software, a touchpad instead of a regular mouse, and I found a special keyboard that doesn't put any stress on my fingers (instead of pushing a key, you interrupt a beam of light - you don't even have to touch it to type)

I found thst the compression (or arthritis) gloves Scren mentioned are helpful to reduce the pain. Also Zolisindigo started a thread about meditating in the morning. Doing that has also helped me reduce the pain. The better I relax, the better ther result. Some days I have trouble relaxing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back