Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
Ca
This year I had to quit my job due to extreme pain. I couldn't keep up with the day to day work. Would have to call in sick just to recover from the day before. What happens when you unable to keep up in life due to fibromyalgia? Its like no one gets it leaves me very angry and depressed It effects everything in my life. Is there also any meds that actually help for fibromyalgia ive taken most of them.

Tramadol it really helps me get thought the day.and amitripolyn really helps the nerve pain at night.helps me sleep to.

I'm sorry you had to stop working. That is a big loss.

Flexeril helps me a lot. I'm lucky that it doesn't make me sleepy, so I can take it during the day.

Hi, I use the 24hr release Tramadol and then use 100mg fast acting Tramadol for pain, 1400mg of Gabopentin for pain, 40mg of Flexeril at night to relax and help me sleep.

Does the Gabapentin work for pain ? How well does it work?

Hi,
I have found that for me- it has done marvelous things. I take way less breakthrough medication, I am not getting the sharp stabbing nerve pains any more. Those were getting really bad. I am left with muscle soreness and weakness. My joints are very stiff in the mornings, but I also have severe arthritis. But it has definitely helped me.

Have you heard anything on Zytram Xl? Isn't It A extended release Tramadol ? I think It might help me more

I have had to stop work too. I am a high school theatre director, and it was just too active for me. Also long hours and lots if stress! At 54, I don't know what I can find to do to bring in some money. Right now my boyfriend is supporting us both.

I take norflex and lodine for pain. I'm on Lyrica, but would like to get off it due to some side effects I don't like. I think I may need something else this winter - a week of fold wet weather earlier this fall was pretty rough.

What's flexeral? Muscle relaxer?

Is the Norflex and lodine helping you with the pain ? Also I've tried all of the fibro meds and non helped me at all. The only thing that has helped my pain is tramadol and even that isn't enough to life a active life. I do understand its very hard

Moe, flexeril is cyclobenzaprine. It is a muscle relaxer. The chemical structure is similar to a tricyclic antidepressant

Devil stompa - the lodine and norflex do help. I've tried going without and am miserable. My doc keeps a close eye on liver and kidneys - I don't know if I can take them indefinitely.

CindyKay - I'm a high school Administrator so I understand your workload. I am also seeing the end of work in sight. Education is such a physical, mental, and emotional job field. I will see if I can get accommodations first, but don't want my colleagues on the admin team to have more work because of me. It's a new admin team at our school. I have been at this site the longest as this is my 3rd year here. Still have 10 years after this year until retirement. I just don't see how I can keep this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back