DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
Wyoming
Hi there,
I tried to do a search so that I didn't duplicate this post, but I did not see one, so I apologize if this is already out there.

The question I have, is does anyone experience an almost narcolepsy feeling during the day. I mean fall asleep wherever you are at the drop of a hat? It hits me out of nowhere, and it's all I can do to not fall asleep or slip into a coma. I have had this experience a handful of times in the last few months, and it's near impossible to get through.

I have been fighting with fibro for a little over 2 years. I am on gabapentin (1200mg/day), which isn't even working for the pain anymore. I have noticed weather is a big flare up trigger, and I'm trying to win a nobel prize for all the self tests I've been performing (that was a joke, my humor is not as sharp as it used to be :)

Any feedback or ideas are welcome, thank you for taking the time to read!

I Have Fibromyalgia and I experience The extreme fatigue Usually around 4pm through 6pm. The Fatigue is so powerful its hard to keep my eyes open and you almost fall into a sleep. I usually do not drive around that time because I become very unaware of things. Since ive had fibromyalgia feeling like ive gotten a actual restful sleep is never there for me. I get 8 hours of sleep but my mind and body do not get the restorative stage of the sleep cycle leaving me with extreme fatigue every morning I wake up. Its very very hard

Thanks Devilstompa, I have the same issues with "quality" sleep. Sleep seems to be the magic to feeling at all worth a dam. If I don't get enough sleep, I pay for it that day.

This week's terrible for me, haven figured it out, I'm depressed to. But Pretty sure it comes from my husband calling me a fat ass, which is true, but hurts when he talks to me like that. I'm going to warn him, tonight, due to the fact that I've put up with his pregnant looking belly for 35 yrs. The talk is getting bad, this fibro is ruining my marriage. Anyway back to the exaustion, I'm in that now. I'm super tired, yawning 100 times a day, my husband constantly complains (you don't do anything,,,,,,first's of all, noooooooo! I do what I can, 2nd I do not need valadaition from him. I want to leave, but
I don't have anywhere to go. Yawn,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzazz. Maybe I should stop cooking.

I'm sorry to hear that moe1959. It's hard enough dealing with the disease personally, but even harder when you don't have support from those you need it from. I hope you find peace and some sleep :)

I get really tired in the late afternoon, especially if my sleep has been bad. Sometimes it helps to take a very short 5 to 10 minute walk. Other times I just have to wait it out.

Moe, I'm sorry your husband still acting that way. Life is hard enough without that kind of stuff!

I sleep everyday for 6 hour but always have fatigue when i wake in t morning. My body and brain didnt total shutdown just standby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back