Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1990
Country
US
State
AR
I know the treatment options for FM vary a lot, and am wondering if anyone has found help with either yoga or tai chi?

Even with this most recent flare of fibro, with a painful episode of costochondritis, I am trying to find other treatment options that are more naturopathic.

For me fatigue has been the most challenging symptom, and the older I get, the more often I must rest-not just sit in a chair, but rest laying down in bed.
I definitely slow down as the day progresses, so I make the most of what little energy I have in the morning.

I have other health issues that cause fatigue, so it's just a matter of what level of fatigue I deal with, which varies from day to day.
Some days are better than others for sure.

Oh, something that has made a difference for me regarding fatigue, is following the suggestion of my cardiologist to go gluten free.

There are 2 blood tests that are markers of inflammation-sed rate, and CRP. After I went gf, both tests came back normal for the first time in forever.
Sometimes I do eat gluten, and I can tell the difference; for me, it is worth the effort to be as gluten free as possible.

I found a book called Yoga for Fibromyalgia by Shoosh Crotzer. I have found it helpful.

I have a close friend who helps teach Tai Chi in a senior center. She says many of the students find Tai Chi helps those that have chronic pain. If I remember right one student who saw a lot of improvement had MS.

Thank you DK__engineer for the information. I'm looking into both Tai chi and yoga-looking for some kind of relief..appreciate your reply.

I attend a water exercise class designed by the national arthritis association. It is one hour of very gentle movement of all the joints in the swimming pool at my local Y. It wipes me out at the time, but I think I have more energy when I go regularly. I try to go 2 days a week. I'm also trying to walk 15 minutes a day, per my rheumy's suggestion. It's tough to get it in every day, but it does help.

Yes to the link with gluten! I think sugar intake might be impacting me as well. I need to do an elimination diet and get to the bottom of what my triggers are but it is so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back