Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
MI
When I saw my rheumatologist last week, she said she wanted me to read up on Enbril and Humira. For goodness sake, they both can make you susceptible to TB and Enbril can also make you more susceptible to some types of cancer. I don't know what to do. Who wants to take a drug like those?

From the Humira site:
Patients treated with HUMIRA are at increased risk for developing serious infections that may lead to hospitalization or death. Most patients who developed these infections were taking concomitant immunosuppressants such as methotrexate or corticosteroids.

Discontinue HUMIRA if a patient develops a serious infection or sepsis.

Reported infections include:

Active tuberculosis (TB), including reactivation of latent TB. Patients with TB have frequently presented with disseminated or extrapulmonary disease. Test patients for latent TB before HUMIRA use and during therapy. Initiate treatment for latent TB prior to HUMIRA use.
Invasive fungal infections, including histoplasmosis, coccidioidomycosis, candidiasis, aspergillosis, blastomycosis, and pneumocystosis. Patients with histoplasmosis or other invasive fungal infections may present with disseminated, rather than localized, disease. Antigen and antibody testing for histoplasmosis may be negative in some patients with active infection. Consider empiric anti-fungal therapy in patients at risk for invasive fungal infections who develop severe systemic illness.
Bacterial, viral, and other infections due to opportunistic pathogens, including Legionella and Listeria.

Has anyone ever taken either of these drugs? How is the drug working for you?
:sad: This is so scary to me. :?::confused: :eek:

Last edited:
oh my goodness its up to you but i would be tooo afraid and that would cause my fibro or anything else to get worse. If only the drugs didn't have side affects and we are already more senstive then normal people. It fills me with a sick feeling just reading your post and all those side affects! I wish you luck deciding this one...others might think differently.hugs

Thanks Willow. I'll take the good luck and hugs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back