Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
pa
My entire right side at my bone areas like at the base of my ribs the top of my pelvic
Bone my hip and shoulder blade hurt the pain seem to process every day my lower
Back always hurts to the point where it feels like a got hit with a baseball bat at full
Speed now it's going up my spine or coming down who knows anymore... And my
Neck likes to randomly stiffen up on me at odd times....

I am sorry you are hurting so much.....my whole left side is more painful than the right kind of as you describe.The rest can hurt as bad with use or sometimes on its own but my left side like you shoulder blade ribs hips legs knee are often totally shot and i limp and hobble about at best....stress makes it worse but when it goes on for ages and limits you how can you not get frustrated and stressed sometimes.

Yea I have went to drs none can do anything. I have tried everything fda approved, everything "experimental"
I told them I don't want to be there lab rat anymore. Im just afraid its more than just fibro

I've had that same thought. Have you expressed this to your Dr.? I have had talks but in between her moving to another building, the stress I'm afraid to overwhelm her. I'll be seeing another Dr. (AGAIN) From what I hear, he's totally against pain mds. Great, I was just feeling better and like I had my life together somewhat tolerable. Sometimes I wonder if I really have fibro.
So Broken the baseball bat sensation, I experianced that same sensation, years ago. Mine started at the base of my neck, the palms of my hands were beet red, I looked in the mirror, and my eyes were boodshot, it was so scary. What the hell is that?
D

I don't don't my Palm are always red my brother asked me why and I said I didn't know none of my drs seemed worried about it. Kinda seems like no one knows what to do I've exhausted all my options so they just tell me physical therapy well I don't have the money and with my husbands schedule. I give up

My hands recently started to go bright red and burn whenever i used them....like i had pressed them against a hot iron...the skin would feel all tight and shiny and any creases felt like painful cuts and as if the skin was going to split.

Stress makes it worse.

My doc just says everything has become sensitized...her standard answer

Broken, I am so sorry that you're feeling so poorly. This too shall pass, right? And my responses to that question are, "When?" and "For how long?" I picture the Fibro flares to have the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger. When they finally begin to fade, they say, "I'll be bock!" :twisted:

The palms of my hands have been red and warm - hot for at least 2 years. Unfortunately, they do not stay that way in the cold weather when I'm outside. lol :p It was 2 years ago when my rheumatologist said he thought that there was an increase in the blood flow to my hands bc of the inflammation. He said, "Let's try Propanolol. It's really for high blood pressure but it might help." I tried it for about 6 months and stopped it bc I didn't think it was working. Then during a flare up that seemed to encompass my entire body, including my hands which were extremely inflamed, I started it again for a few weeks and stopped it once again.
Willow I've have had that same bright red, burning, tightness,shininess, and creases that felt like painful cuts but what was different was that mine were also tingly, numbish and very itchy.

Last edited:
HI Cheryly Ann mine were also tingly numbish and itchy...infact i thought it was a form of excema.

If you have read any of my other posts it came on during stress when i get this vibrating buzzing sensation that causes burning pain anywhere and it spread to both my hands and that was the result sore skin and overtime the joints have become painful too.

Did the propranalol help any of your symptoms? I have been prescribed it before but i know it causes muscle weakness in me so have avoided it for years.

broken 0107...don't give up ...there will be better days ahead....sometimes symptoms are really strong and you think they will never go and then they can go away completely for weeks months or years. My hand thing first started in 2010 for a short while and then i didn't have it again at all until March 2015.

Hi Willow,
I took the Propanolol for quite a long time, a year? I decided that it isn't really helping. I still get red, burning, and itchy hands. Quite often they are just red but sometimes they look normal. That's what makes things so confusing isn't it? You have a symptom and before you can get in to see the dr. its gone and then a couple of days later its back or you have a new symptom.

My rheumy gave me a shot of steroids in my arm. I've been doing very well. I have to pay attention to the lack of redness in my hands, so far so good. Only thing that is messed up is my sleeping habits. I have bad insomnia and my whole day and night schedule are screwed up. I go to bed between 3AM and 10AM. I get up to start my day sometime between 11AM and 3PM. I never make appts during the morning hours. No matter how good my intentions are, I sleep right through them.
Ok, starting to ramble now.

Best wishes for a pain free day!

Since a few days before the first post I have been waking up with more pain then the day before. Stress! I carry stress like a purse I can not help it everyone says stop stressing don't let things bother you blah blah..but its not like I have a light switch or can just set the purse down and walk away from it. So yea this flare is not gonna stop for a while. Trying to buy a house. Have nosey drama queen opinionated neighbors. "Why Do you walk fine one day and then suddenly limp for a few days to a week" none of you business that's why I told her before and explained what it was and that some days are mild and some are so severe, like right now it feels like someone literally broke me in half right above my hips and then beat both halves with metal baseball bats. But yet she still will tell my neighbors I'm lying, or faking I tried to hand her my medical bills and said if I'm faking you can pay these. She wasn't to keen on that idea. Stop saying things for a week and was right back at it like really so one of my neighbors printed out a bunch of research and handed it to her told her to read it and shut her mouth thought that would help but nope now it's I act out my symptoms that I read on the internet.... Seriously! So yea stress will haunt me forever. I really hope none of you go through this and can't wait till we move!

Good Grief! I knew a woman like that; had to try to make everyone miserable every single day. She was a very much a "female dog". :) Even her sons warned me bc she was my backyard neighbor. Let's just say she was not a nice person. She was full of negativity that she like to spread around. She called me one day and told me she had just found out that she had stage 4 cancer. "What goes around,comes around?" or did the negativity that she exuded eat away at her?

I guess what I want to say Broken0107, is that I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. One idea that may help is to get the law involved and ask for a cease and desist order Then the next time she starts up you can turn around and walk away and call the police. Don't say anything to her, don't tell her you're calling the police, just ignore her and if you're tempted or know you will be, just walk away into the house and call the police.
She may take notice then.

I chose part of your post to focus on. I know its out of context but it caught my eye. I have felt this way too. But if you learn to do self-relaxation techniques and remember to schedule ME time for at least 20 minutes of each day, it may help some. Its just like taking that medication and not thinking it is working and so you stop taking it and boom! you find out yeah it was helping.
I'm sorry if I overstepped my boundaries, I just wanted to add that there is a theory about mind set. It says that you believe what you tell yourself.
So yea stress will haunt me forever.

U didn't overstep lol. All advise is better then no advise. And maybe it made u feel even the littlest bit good about sharing your story and adding input. Thanks

In my humble opinion you don't owe your neighbor squat! Not an explanation, not the time of day. Don't let that negativity into your life, your plate is full without that. Focus on you and feeling better. That is where your energy is needed, not trying to convert morons into compassionate beings. We feel your pain, know what it is like to be disbelieved and misunderstood. You can't change anyone but yourself. In the scope of life what one uneducated twit thinks about your fluctuating symptoms doesn't matter unless you let it. I'm going to restore your faith in humanity... My neighbor apologized for giving me a hug the day before, she realized after the fact, that she may have inadvertently hurt me. Ok, so I obviously got the better neighbor, but the point is there are great, awesome people in the world. We may not live next door to you but we are a click away. You would be better off watching paint dry than embark on another dead end conversation with ms. peanuts for brains. Good luck! We are pulling for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back