Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
UK
State
Hampshire
Hi guys I know in new here but thought I would share what ive been trying for a few weeks now :)

I have a very high pain threshold so for me pain has to be severe for me to kniw I had it
on talking to my doctor and a few friends stress can make you worse so I went about trying to find a way of coping with it x

obviously meds is one but I was put on antidepressants and felt I didn't need them as was stress of pain making me agitated

So I tried meditation instead. For first time in a long time I feel more in control of my pain n stress levels
I found having a five min breathing exercise was good to help me think and reduce my stress and anxiety
I only shut my eyes and count to 4 while I inhale and 4 when I exhaled and after 3 goes I added another one count till I reached 6 and then made my way back to 4 x it did make me focus better :)

The pain was harder to sort but after 20 mins of meditation I found myself much better at dealing with the pain x

I understand that it isn't what most people like or understand or even have time for (believe me I know about time shortage I have a very hectic household 5 children and the husband lol )
But I thought I would like to share what I have been doing as I don't like my meds and as an alternative ill try anything :)

Thank you for sharing what has worked for you, ameliaward. In a hectic, busy life it is all too easy to forget to stop and breathe

Well done ameliaward.....it is about finding what is right for you. You know yourself better than anyone else including the doctors!

Yes definitely always easier to sit and wallow in what I had and couldn't change untill I spoke to more people now I feel more positive about mine and my families future x
maybe some alternative way may help all of us xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back