Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
Kentucky
I used to paint. All the time. Now, I can't seem to find the motivation to do so. Any suggestions?

Color your armpits?... come on ya got a laugh.
I don't know why one looses interest in a particular gift, maybe there's something else you can pick up.

Last edited:
sometimes i find that i just need a break. after my acting program ended i wanted nothing to do with acting, didn't want to even look at another play, sides, script, character breakdown. the thought of it just made me cringe. then after several months of not thinking about it, the desire came back and now i can't find the opportunity to work. take a time out, find other joys, as you know you can't force yourself to do art, it'll come to you when you're ready =)

I like to write. Sometimes I get stuck and I have to put the story aside for a long time. It's like I need to live life some more before I can write the next part.

Yes maybe try something else or join a class for something new if you are up to it and meet new people who might inspire and motivate you.

i find that i've lost interest in a lot of things i used to do, but i think it's expectations. i can't hold concentration for long periods anymore. so i can't sit for two hours and read, or play piano (also pain), or work out for an hour. but i'm getting better at adjusting expectations. for instance, i like to colour, but let myself feel good about only doing it for a short bit. sometimes i'll set myself a limit, say 20 minutes. stops me from giving in and quitting early. don't know what kinds of paint you use, but maybe starting to break things down into bite sized pieces will help?

Have u though of painting your pain ? Abstract art is all the rage u no.

lol Forgetmenot! It's actually a brilliant idea- art therapy! =)

Hi, I am very far away, an American living in Sweden and your post went straight to my heart as I too am an artist. I can´t find a way to focus on anything I like. That´s depresssion and you are so young and it´s unfair to face such a battle so early in life. Are there any support groups in your area. I just found out I have to three weeks ago. I hit an all time low with my depression within days of the diagnosis although I had been living with the symptoms for three years, I think it is part of the process and you can feel so alone when you have no one who understands you. All my best, Andee in Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back