DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
TX
Hello,

My Dr. just put me on hydrocodone 10/325 mg three times a day. Helps greatly, but I'm still in "full body pain". It works great for about 2 hours, then wears off.

I was previously prescribed gabapentin which did nothing at all for the pain, so he took me off that and put me on the hydrocodone.

I feel like I need something added to the hydrocodone but don't know what meds are out there. Lyrica? Has anyone had any luck with that?

What medications are you all on for pain?

Thanks for any replies,
Maddy

Welcome Maddy.
I'm on tramadol and paracetamol .the paracetamol boosts the tramadol .u should ask your Dr if u could try it. I'm from the UK so not sure about your drug .. Nothing gets rid of the pain for long .
But ask the Dr first .

Thanks, I will ask him about that.

Cymbalta helped me a lot compared to Lyrica! I stopped taking the Cymbalta because of the side effects. I go on it for awhile so I get a break from some of the pain and then when the side effects get to bad
I stop it. If I don't take it I have lots of pain. I take tramadol, flexeril and Tylenol 3 and I still have pain. I have figured out like everyone else on here, the pain will never stop. You just have to figure out what level of pain you can function at! Good Luck to you, I hope you can find something that gives you some relief!

Hi Maddy,

The neurologist I saw prescribed me Lyrica, I've been taking it for 2 weeks at 75mg twice daily and I'm just starting to double the dose. To be honest I haven't really noticed any difference, I'm wondering if it takes a while to work, you know build up in the system. I'll give it another couple of weeks on the higher dose & see if that makes any difference. If not I don't see any point in taking it, so will probably ask for something else!

I am on 50mcg fentanyl patch and 30 mg oxy as needed for pain.

I had a post here but it seems to have disapeared.

I would like to know what medications you take for fatigue if any.

Hi Jenny,
How do you feel with this combo? Does it give you a better quality of life? May I ask what kind of Dr. IS perscribeing for you? Whatever area nice to know there's compassion out there.
I will be seeing the 4th Dr. IN 2 YRS NOVEMBER. THE CLINIC I WAS GOING TO THE DRS WERE DROPPING LIKE FLIES. QUITTING. JUST WALKING OFF THE JOB.

Hi! I always try to warn people to watch for side effects. Read you paperwork, ask family to watch you.

My pain management doc just switched me from Norco 10/325 to Percocet 10/325 he says that this is 50% stronger. Getting it filled today so will post my experience to let all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back