DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
FIN
State
Pirkanmaa
Hello !

I am 40 years old woman from North Europe and I have no diagnosed fibromyalgia. Yet.

About 5 years ago I was helthy woman with big(?) family, good job, lot of dance hobbies, dog... Busy life, but I loved it. I never saw the doctors, no need for that.

First came stress, headache, flu.. and another flu and... etc.
Then so terrible fatique that I finally quit my job.
I had to slow down and prioritisize. I left job and hobbies and kept the family.
Now I have a new "easier" job, but I was unemployed almost a year.

During that time I had cognitive problems and so much pain in the legs that I couldn't walk easily for a while.
I went to see the doctor because of fatique. I was thinking that maybe I have depression or some fysical illness. No other findings than anemia and reflux decease.
Because the fatique was like "waves", pain in the legs and lower back was still there and I thought that anemia is the symptom not an illness - I went again to the doctor. and again, and again.

In last spring I got IBS diagnosis. FODMAP/low-carb diet has helped my life a lot.
But there is still pains in my legs and sore points in pelvis and lower back. Cognitive problems hasn't also gone.

In my country, Fibromyalgia, CFS etc are quite "new" things. There is only few good doctors and difficulties to find them / having an appointment. :(
For IBS the treatment is mainly the list of fodmap foods and "take care".
So IBS patients are often on their own. And same situation with fibromyalgia. Not known as well as should been by Basic doctors.

I have read lot about the fibromyalgia. I am pretty sure that this option should be taken noticed. MS, Lyme desease etc has been blocked out. But none of doctors hasn't mentioned this option to me when telling symptoms.
No I got the referral to psychologist....:roll: and her comments told me that she/doctor thinks that I just have "somatization". great. :roll:

So, maybe I just to "not go to the doctor" anymore and try to find solution with diet/exercise combination by myself.

*Waiting impatiently how much and good tips I found from the forum* :D

Welcome, have u ask your dr about Fibro.maybe u should point it out.i have bi polar tape 2 but that don't mean that why I'm in pain.
Ask to see a Rheumatologist and talk about Fibro .dont give up its a hard road I no

they like the word somatization...it s so insulting when the pain is so bad and so real. It made me stay away from doctors for many years because being told this hurt and made me angry at no one understanding.

A rheumatologist is the way to go but lots of how you are is up to you looking after yourself as a priority.

Thanks for the comments.

This not understanding point is really the hardest...

I was thought about the rheumatologist by myself also and I have now appointment reserved. I hope he could see the fibro possibility (or block it out).

Good luck let us know how you get on...we all understand how hard it is to live with and come to terms with fibromyalgia.

Thanks willow!

I have now discussed (finally!) with doctor "with ears". The doctor listened so well that I was there overtime. She tested the points by pushing and found 11/18. She thinks it might be fibro, gave me medicin to test (for better sleep and less pain feeling) and asked me to come again to see her after one month.

I have now used medicin a week and for sleep it seems to help, I sleep more deeply than....well, I can't remember how long ago. Hope this continues.

Now feels like there is finally light in the tunnel. Fibro don't go away, but it is always better know what's going on than feel bad without any clue.

Well Iceberg it seems as though your new doctor took the time to listen to you, how nice, and gave you medication...you have won a small victory! I welcome you and I truly hope you start feeling better.

I am pleased Icebear that you have found a doctor to listen to you and be supportive. I too hope that you start to have better days to go with the better nights soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back