Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
02/2016
Country
US
State
PA
Hello everyone,

I am new here! I signed up about a week ago, but there was something going on with the email system or something, and I just got my activation email today. So, here I am!

I am 22 years old and was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week. It's been an ongoing issue for years now, and after running endless tests and coming up with nothing, they finally figured out that it is fibro that is affecting my everyday life.

I currently do not have a treatment plan nor am I on any medications. My primary doctor ordered a psych consult first-- is that the norm? I do not know any pain management techniques or anything that will help ease some of the pain, pressure, etc. The cognitive symptoms are getting worse as I get older, and I am not sure how to manage those either.

Besides this medical issue, I have a fiancé and three cats to tend to. I am actually getting married in 26 days! I don't get out much due to my health, but I do enjoy watching shows on Netflix, being a housewife, and working part-time. I am also a student studying sociology. Not sure where I want to go after I graduate next spring, but time will tell.

I typically have a positive attitude and I love life, but when I'm in pain, I can get pretty negative and it honestly sucks! So please bear with me. I look forward to meeting you all. I need support and love to give it. :)

Good for you for joining here too. I'm new and have been on medications, but while thy have taken away the pain,I now have tremors andth inability to find at least one (usually the most important )word in each second sentence. My sleep is terrible ,and I am taking pills for that too. I feel I have moved away from health and caught in drug dependence . If you ar coping fine without medicAtion the stay off...that's what I'd do in hindsight
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back