Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1997
Country
US
State
CA
Hi! Thanks for having me! I'm 56, married, mom of 6, grandma to 1, retired US Navy Corpsman. I'm originally from Minnesota. I work full time in a locked psychiatric facility and when I'm flaring, it's truly miserable trying to work. :cry: I also have a One Minute Business (Watkins) that I'm working on so that I can maybe work part time. I've probably had fibro since my 20's but didn't get diagnosed until mid 30's. I like to exercise but the post exercise flaring seems to be worse. I take Savella, Viibyrd B/P meds and HRT. When flaring, the fibro fog and feeling clumsy is so weird. I worry about forgetting something important at work and thankfully my co workers keep an eye on me. LOL! If any of you work full time, how do you cope with your fibro flares? Thanks for having me! :grin:LeAnn

Hi LeAnn, welcome

I work full time, but in a very different field (engineering). I use FMLA to cover my bad days. As long as I control the pace of my work day, I usually do ok. So far this year I have only used 3 days of FMLA (knock on wood). I've noticed that most days my symptoms follow a pattern - pretty bad in the morning, best part of the day in the middle, then getting worse in the afternoon. I try to plan my activity at work to take advantage of the good time. I also use checklists and methodical double checks to cope with fibro fog.

When I really don't feel good I take a short walk - that usually helps. There are also times when I need about 10 minutes of what I think of as "intense rest", meaning I relax physically and mentally.

Hope this helps... I would love to hear about any techniques you have found to keep working too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back