DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
uk
State
wiltshire
Hi

I have been recently diagnosed with fibro.

It is no big surprise to me that my body is finally manifesting these issues after years of chronic stress and various traumas.

Even still i think i have been in the denial stages. I am experiencing a multitude of emotions, pain, physical and emotional. Frustration and anger. Anger seems to be the most dominant feeling, even though I feel quite deeply depressed. Fear plays a massive part as well.

I'e decided to join here, as i feel i am becoming more isolated and of course people seem to be dropping off my friends list like they do lol, I'm sure loads can relate to that issue!

I think it might be a good idea to find a haven where i can express how I'm feeling without judgement. I'm sure most people here know how it is to keep everything locked in for fear of losing people or seeming weak etc. I'm sure its not particularly helpful for us to do that.

Thank you guys :) and look forward to chatting with everyone.X

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate to that, I still find myself pretending to be doing better than I am just so I do not bother, annoy or offend anyone. I know people do not want to hear me complaining all the time. We live in a world where everyone is intended to be happy and positive all the time. It is difficult for me.

I found being diagnosed with something like Fibromyalgia is similar to a loss of a loved one. You are losing a part of yourself, your health and for me sometimes, part of my freedom and ability to enjoy life like "other people do".

I seemed to have gone through all the similar 5-stages of grief emotion-wise, specifically and I had to look them up to get the right order:

1. Denial and Isolation
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

I am not quite where I would like to be on that list but I am making progress.

Hi sam, thanks for your reply.. Yep i dont really talk to anyone much about it all, except my kids who are sick of me moaning..
I dont generally talk to friends about most of the crap i go through or deal with, so the fibro is no different for me.. Just another thing to be delt with on my own.
I supose i feel like no one can do anything anyway... I have been through worse things in my life alone, whether its right or not, people do get fed up with the constant problems,its as though they feel its some sort of pressure on them when we are ill.people want things to be nice...and fluffy...they dont want to deal with "negativity", tho depression etc, is a normal part of life, and a normal reaction to life stressors.and of course people have stuff going on in their own lives too..so my thinking is, whats the point telling people(friends) how im feeling..?There really is none..so we keep it bottled..Im not sure i agree that grief follows a linear process really and can wax and wane and change all the time..but i agree about the greieving part..i think im mostly angry that at 43, (and i was planning to have a great time in my 40s as the rest of my life has been crap lol) i am feeling like a 90 year old...cheers to the universe for that one to add to the already long list then! �� lol

Just wanted to say hi Maydaze

hi maydaze welcome....all your emotions are normal..its a tough illness and we are all angry at times at what has been stolen..our dreams..our spontaneity ...our personalities swamped by trying to cope with our lot.

Hope being on here helps x

Hi willow... My daughter has just been diagnosed with fibro aswell, and i also have my suspisions that my son might have it too..shes 23 and hes 16 :-/. We all live together so that adds to the pressure as none of us have any strength.. Not good.
I was also told at 41 that i am peri meno.. So very happy at the mo!lol
Thankyou for responding and i hope you are as well as you can be X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back