Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Wales
Just joined this forum as have suspected fibro and in a very very dark place and just need to chat and put some positivity in my life. Symptoms started a year ago with pelvic pain and have now progressed to neck, tingling and chest pain - lack of sleep not because of pain but just can't sleep for longer than 3 hours so both nights and days very long. Need a hug or two.

Hey There, I was recently diagnosed myself 3/2/16 to be exact. I know how you feel, hard to wrap your head around, and the pain is really intense. Totally get it. glad you came to join the forum so we can all be here to support each other, everyone's been telling me its going to take time to figure out meds and what we can handle in a day, it almost sounds like a life changer but how about we do it together, And be each others support, I guess we have to take baby steps to learn how to live and manage our fibro. but for now big hugs and if you need to chat or just kind of check out of the real world for a few to talk to people who understand fibro im here and everyone else is here too

Hello, I was diagnosed when I was 12 but I'm 20 now. I gave up for a while and joined this forum after starting to see doctors again. I gotta be honest, the whole process can be kind of infuriating sometimes. Some doctors straight up don't believe in fibro, other just throw meds at the wall(e.g. your brain) to see what sticks, others will just completely dismiss your symptoms or tell you you're faking.

I gotta be honest, I think I have hypersensitivity to side effects of drugs, but in 8 years I have not found a drug that's worked for me. I'm not trying to be discouraging; I'm trying to make the point that what has been most helpful has been seeking support(I'm seeing a psychiatrist now) and keeping a good mindset, and trying to apply yourself regardless of how you feel. Just getting out of your house and walking around can help at least your mood a lot.

Don't be discouraged though, the meds available seem to help a lot of people, they can just be hit or miss. Good luck in getting help, I know the kinds of dark places it can put you but just keep pushing trust me it's worth it to just know you can get past it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back