Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
Today is my day off and I have done nothing but sit in my recliner the biggest part of the day. My feet hurt so bad that I just did not want to get up and walk on them. Just sitting here they hurt at the level of about seven and a half or 8 I just don't understand what this is all about or how to stop it. The doctors give me all this medication that's supposed to stop the pain but they say I'm capable of working but I can't even walk to get to work just doesn't make sense to me. It's not like I work a whole lot anyway when I do go to work I only work 3 or 4 hours. I used to work 9 or 10. I was an office manager and controlled a big part of a privately-owned companies financials payroll and human resources. Now I'm lucky to be able to do payroll. It just drives me crazy my brain just doesn't work right anymore the fibro fog is crazy. Can't even use adding machine anymore without looking at it. After working a day of 3 or 4 hours my hands hurt so bad that I cry when I get home what a b****. I had an appointment with the rheumatologist last week and I thought that that would come out real well since I've been reading a lot about them helping out people with fibromyalgia. Well I was wrong I drove an hour and a half to listen to her tell me I did not have arthritis and how I should more less become a vegetarian. I'm a good ol country girl and that is not going to happen I like my meat and potatoes. Once again just another doctor added to my list that just is not helping me. How do I go about finding the right doctor? It is so discouraging to be in this much pain and for a doctor to give medicine for this much pain but not verify the pain would keep you from working. Well I guess I have vented enough for today I thank everybody for all the information I am finding on this website. I send easy and soft hugs to everyone

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I'm on vacation and curled up in bed because pain too.

I've seen studies that show a correlation between working and less severe symptoms. In many people's minds, this means that working makes the symptoms less severe. They don't uunderstand it can be the other way around - more severe symptoms keep people from working. Seems like it should be a no-brainer though...

Sorry the appointment didn't go well, seems like a lot of us have the same out come when it comes to doctors. You have no reason to be a vegetarian first off meat is good protein so why cut it out of your diet if that doesn't play much of a Roll in your fibro, the body need protein some way and if meat and potato's are what you like don't give em up. Its really annoying how long doctors go to school for and they could have gotten the best grades graduate top of there class and get all these fancy award, but STILL DONT UNDERSTAND BASIC CONCEPT'S. People in pain can't work, people who can't walk if there feet hurt won't walk because its painful its almost like literally them telling you no its ok to touch the fire it won't burn you when honestly you know it will. Gosh, we go through so much and people don't understand because they don't feel it. But if any of these doctors gave one heck to listen to our symptoms our pain it would be a miracle, learned early fibro fog sucks and it been ruining my life, short term memory I had to kiss it goodbye its sometimes hard for me to even find the words to put a darn sentence together. Your not alone. Lots of hugs

Thanks for the support. As most of you know it is hard. I feel like I am the only one. Until I was told about this website, I did not know how many of us there was. I do not have any family support either so that just makes things even harder. Now that I don't plan meals for the holidays I guess I don't need to see them. I just a pic of my only grandchild (18 months) which I haven't seen but many 6 times since he has been born. lives within 15 mins of me. Asked my son when I was going to get to see him & I love & miss them. He said this weekend is Easter so he has to see how the weekend will go. It hurts, I really wanted to hear that they would see me for Easter. Oh well, not like I count for anything. Sorry got off subject.
Thanks for the support - soft hugs

Awww, Don't worry Terra we're all here for you. My family support is up and down mostly there isn't any. And I seemed to noticed my once friends started to disappear too. But umm I guess that's ok to. Without this website and the support from everyone here I would be very sad and very lonely, which is no fun. I hope you get to see your grandson. Every grandma wants to see grand babies. Hopefully your son comes around and realized your the only mom he's ever gonna have. You seem like a very kind soul anyways. Hope things work out. Hugs

Hi there! I'm in the same situation, tired of looking for a decent doctor to treat my neurological problem ( a cm in my brain). Sadly there is no easy way around it :( You just need to keep on searching, and don't trust the reviews you read online... some doctors actually pay people to write said reviews. Just like many sellers on places like Ebay and Amazon do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back