Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly Trellum Jordan seems to have disappeared from the forum some time ago. I have been very concerned about him and noticing how many young people have joined since his posts stopped , I keep hoping he will see them and maybe connect with some of them.

The predisposition to a disease or illhealth is not necessarily a function of age. Fibro even has an aspect of heredity. I am sorry you have been diagnosed at such an early age. How is your fibro different? It is a fact that disease physiology manifests differently in different people. Take heart that you can now take charge bearing in mind that its not a terminal disease. Learn your pain triggers and educate yourself about the disease. Who knows, you might be a gamechanger.

Hello everyone, especially willow I'm so sorry for being gone for so long and not leaving any words really a lot has gone on in the last couple months and I haven't been really able to do anything that I wanted to. Fortunately I am back and hopefully to stay this time as things have quieted down alittle. But I'm very glad to be back and willow I have caught up on some of the posts I was in and I'm glad to finally have seen a couple people around my age! I also hope to get back to my blog within the next couple days.

Hi Jordan...I am so pleased to hear you are back and hope you are doing a bit better.

Yes there have seems to me to be quite a few people in their 20's...infact from very quiet on here in January it's been very busy!

There is also a guy called David who is a moderator on this forum. He doesn't post much but you might be able to make contact somehow as i know you were keen to be in touch with a man with fibro.

If you look under bugs and problems he was resolving some website issues about a month or more ago....well you might be able to private message him or something.

Sadly I am no better. My schooling was greatly effected this semester which was awful I just couldn't really get a hold of anything. My depression isn't around as much but when I have it, those days are terrible and last so long. I am still going through medicines trying to figure stuff out.

I was able to get in contact when one girl on here who is 26 and hopefully I can get in touch with the others. At this point I'm just glad to be back on to talk to everyone. I will also try to get in touch with David. Thank you so much for letting me know about him.

It's really good to hear from you again, Jordan!
:)

Sorry things are no better.....you stick out in my mind always...right from your very first post. Must be my mothering instinct.

I hope some medicines start to work for you soon. I'm sure I've said this before but i can't imagine trying to study with this illness.

Hey Jordan, I'm about the same I guess. Still working. Symptoms about the same.

A few weeks ago I took the family on a day trip to the Columbia River Gorge. We had a great time. I tried not to overdo it but I don't think I succeeded... The next day I started a flare that took me out of commission for 2 and a half days. It was worth it though - the gorge is beautiful in the spring.

Trying to study has been awful, I actually had to medically withdraw from this past semester because it was to hard and you can tell when I had my good and bad days because nothing was consistent with my grades but I am already enrolled in online classes for next year now instead!

That sounds fun DK! I know what you mean sometimes you know you will have pain but have to go through it to enjoy some things! I heard that is very nice there! I will actually be visiting Oregon later this summer.

It sounds like withdrawing was the best option. On-line classes could work out well - you can choose to participate when you are at your best.

How exciting to travel across the country! Have been out this way before? If I were to recommend one place to visit in Oregon, it would be Crater Lake. It is so magnificent it takes your breath away.

Hello Jordan!

I'm 23 and was officially diagnosed today but I've definitely been having symptoms for a long time. I can relate a lot to what you say because I've also had to withdraw from school because of my symptoms (and also mental illness symptoms). These past three years, I've repeated the same pattern. I enroll in school for the fall semester, I am really motivated at first and then depression sets in, the pain and fatigue wear me down, anxiety makes me miss classes, and I end up with very inconsistent results because of all that. I used to do very well in school, so this is very hard to deal with. I never made it through a winter semester, not for the past three years.
Online classes sounds like a great idea!

Feel free to message me if you want to talk. I have a tumblr and skype if you prefer. I'm female, but I'm close to your age, and I can definitely relate to some of your experiences. I can imagine being a male with a disease that is usually associated with females makes it even harder to accept and talk about... But your symptoms and struggles are just as valid and important as anyone else's. I hope you'll find what you are looking for!

I am much older than u, but unlike majority of fibro sufferers I started symptoms in high school. My daughter is your age and has some related symptoms but not diagnosed with actual fibro at least as of yet. The most important thing I want to tell u is that u must be headstrong in demanding that u doctor is hearing u. If they aren't u must find another one. U family may never fully understand, it is just too hard to explain fully. I am just so grateful for your sake that there is at least a diagnosis and treatment for u now. It took me 20 years to even get diagnosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back