Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
IRL
State
X
Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Every evening, without fail, I experience red hot facial flushing. It comes up on my cheeks and nose and chest sometimes. This has been an ongoing problem for me for 4 months. I'm just wondering if any one also has this symptom? I'd really appreciate any help as it's quite debilitating for me! Thanks

Hi! Hmmm, I don't, but I do hope if it is a possible symptoms that someone will answer. Have you tried do a search on the forum, or on the internet
in general?

I never know what to assume a doctor will do, especially for people abroad, but have you had any testing for autoimmune disorders?

Thank you so much for replying! I initially thought I had lupus because it is in a shape of a butterfly. So my rheumatologist did an ANA test and it came back negative. I've researched so much online and it doesn't seem to be a stand-out symptom of fibromyalgia. :oops:

Oh, do you mean it does seem to be a symptom? Don't be embarrassed! I've gone through hellacious things with my body that has mimicked or
have been signs of many other things; for months I had one-sided headaches with a sore neck and worst of all, sores on my scalp : ( It
appeared just like Giant Cell Arteritis. Another time I had ice-pick pain in one eye, with facial nerve pain and a canker sore. I can't even remember
the name for that disease, lol.

You know, rosacea can appear like that too. I have woken up with red sun/windburn look to my checks, but that's it. *sigh* this crazy thing, lol.
Every few months I go through a new grab-bag set of ailments.

Oh, do you mean it does seem to be a symptom? Don't be embarrassed! I've gone through hellacious things with my body that has mimicked or
have been signs of many other things; for months I had one-sided headaches with a sore neck and worst of all, sores on my scalp : ( It
appeared just like Giant Cell Arteritis. Another time I had ice-pick pain in one eye, with facial nerve pain and a canker sore. I can't even remember
the name for that disease, lol.

You know, rosacea can appear like that too. I have woken up with red sun/windburn look to my checks, but that's it. *sigh* this crazy thing, lol.
Every few months I go through a new grab-bag set of ailments.

I read that some people have trouble regulating their body temperature, so I'm presuming that's what the flushing is? Awh, it is so confusing that's for sure! Really, rosacea? I never knew it caused dry flushes, I'll look into it thanks :)

Check with your Dr. Sounds like Lupis.

could be a couple of things. I think you should take pictures of it when it happens, keep them on your cell, so you can show your doctor next time.

This happens to me also. Santa cheeks I càll them. Feels burning hot and looks very red. Happens after meals at times. Or for no apparent reason. I was told it may be stress, blood pressure, or hormones. I do not have a definite answer for you. Just that you aren't alone. It is embarrassing for sure. I do believe in my case it is related to elevated blood sugar (diabetic too) which could raise blood pressure. Since yours is happening every evening, try taking note if you have had a large dinner as in high carbohydrates. Or maybe allergy related. I suspect in my case that is it, but has also happened during stress so could be anxiety. These are just ideas, theories. Could be any number of things. Good thing to bring up at your next docs visit. So a food journal and notes on anxiety levels could help and wouldn't hurt. Good luck fibro butterfly

I sometimes get some minor flushing in my cheeks, but not as much or as regularly as what you are describing. It's good you are keeping your doctor in the loop, just in case. Fibromyalgia is has so many odd symptoms it is difficult to tell what is what

Thanks everyone for replying! My doctor ruled out lupus as for the negative ANA, and that the flushing episodes are because my brain thinks it's under attack and basically holds onto as much blood as possible. So I'm trying to get out of the 'flare' mode. I'm going to take a food allergy test as I have awful ibs pains every day.

Thanks everyone for replying! My doctor ruled out lupus as for the negative ANA, and that the flushing episodes are because my brain thinks it's under attack and basically holds onto as much blood as possible. So I'm trying to get out of the 'flare' mode. I'm going to take a food allergy test as I have awful ibs pains every day.

I have this as well. I do not have lupus. I also run a low-grade fever when I have a flare which is really frustrating.

I have hot flashes all the time. Some medications can cause flushing. I sweat a lot too!

Some medications are terrible as they provide almost no relieve and the side effects are terrible, we need to be very careful about those.

My cheeks, nose, and forehead have been slightly pink for a couple years, but the burning flushes started a couple months ago. My doctor diagnosed me with roseaca. I am using a medication called Metrogel. It doesn't take it away completely, but it does help some.

Have you checked with an endocrinologist, just an idea though... Better safe than sorry, you know? There are couple endocrine issues that could be causing this symptom, but a good endocrinologist will know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back