Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2000
Country
US
State
NY
Hi, I was looking for support for an alkaline diet and happened to find this board. I'm 65 and have had FM for for about 15 to 20 years. I've controlled it with acupuncture, but lately, the acupuncture has been making my nerves worse. My daughter in law suggested that i try an alkaline diet to reduce my inflammation which is sky high.

So I googled it and after just 1 day on the alkaline diet, I was shopping with my husband and realized I was on my feet for over an hour, without aches, which is unheard of for me.

Then, we we arrived home, I just zipped up the stairs. The heaviness in my legs had gone down considerably. This was crazy. How could this work so fast?

After a couple of days, I must have got the balance wrong, because my feet and legs were aching, just like they always did. I got back on track with the diet and was fine the next day.

So it's been 2 weeks now. One of my problems is figuring out which foods are alkaline and which are acidic. There is so much contradictory information online.

Also, I'm worried that I'm not getting enough protein.

If anyone is on a alkaline diet, I could really use some advice. This diet is like a miracle.

Mary

I don't do the alkaline, so hopefully someone else will give you sound advice. But I got curious and came across a site that recommends:
chia seeds, hemp seeds, quinoa, Ezekiel bread, Hummus, Edamame, Mung/Adzuki/Lentils/Navy/Black/White/Kidney beans as good protein sources.

I may try it for a few days in a row and see if I notice any results.

Glad to hear you found something that's been working Mary

Hi @MaryD, I recently came across mention of Alkalinity with regard to helping with inflammation. Like you, I have had a lifetime of increasing inflammation throughout my body, as well as the pain and limitations that accompany it. I haven't changed the way I eat yet, and that may be difficult for me because I'm working with a very limited budget, but if I come across any good information, I'll let you know. I do know that from the list of good/bad foods I saw, I tend to eat a lot of the culprits, so it does make sense that they could be contributing to my issues. It's encouraging that you noticed a difference so quickly after adjusting your diet, that gives me some hope for the future. I believe the information I found was from Dr. Mercola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back