Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
US
State
FL
I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm 50 years old and have suffered for many years never knowing what was wrong with me and all my mysterious pain. After the long process of working through and finding the right doctors sympathetic to my suffering, despite nearly perfect blood work for my entire life, and negative test results for all the usual things...I was diagnosed this morning.

I am being referred by the Rheumatologist to a Pain Mgmt Doctor who is Fibro friendly, and he will take over from here.

I am scared and weirdly excited, as it is a mixed blessing to finally have an answer that will hopefully allow a better approach to helping instead of just masking. I look forward to being here in the group with people who understand we are not crazy.

Valerie

Hi Valerie,

No - we are nor crazy! We have some limits in our lives, but we still have a life. Someones get help with medicine, special diet works for some of us... Yoga or other smooth exercises have given good results for somebodies. Now you might have name and reason for your illness, next you can try to find out what is good for you. Be patient. Try to keep out of stress. Stay positive always when possible. You maybe have to try plenty of things before finding your best way to live your life. But you will find it. Take care!

I understand that weird feeling of being excited and scared at the same time. I was 50 when I FINEALLY got diagnosed also. Years of Bering referred to shrinks and treated like a hypochondriac. i think my first post was something like @almost relieved" now I know more about it and man I hate it. But you can't treat something if you don't even have a name for it at least now you have something to work with.
This is a great place to find real life answers. Many kind and compasionate people. We welcome you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back