DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
HI
aloha fibro family,

i recently reactivated my fb account and would love to connect with you guys there as i just began sharing my very private journey with fibro with fb friends. and i need y'alls support! i don't add anyone i don't know so please let me know if you want to be friends here or private message me with your account info and let's connect!

I'd love to be your friend on Facebook, but I deleted mine a long time ago (privacy issues), but I hope you have better luck finding more people here who wants to support you on Facebook :) It's nice to have people who understand you!

oh thank you trellum! yes it is so important to have the support from people who get what you're going through. please let me know if you're ever back on fb i'd love to connect with you!

Fb is tricky for me. I accepted friend requests from people at work (not something I recommend) when I first set my account up. I don't want my health condition generally known at work because that could create problems for me. I actually haven't logged in to Facebook for some time now. I need to login and think it through

One way to keep people at work from knowing about your Fibro is to create a closed group just to connect with your Fibro friends.

dk_engineer i hear you on your concerns keeping fibro private from your co workers. i would have the same fears if i were still working full time. i ofcourse won't tag you on anything fibro related or leave comments regarding fibro. no pressure but it would be lovely to connect with you on fb! :)

healthactivist that is a great suggestion and i've seen it done before.. this is above my limited fb capacity but something to work towards in the future.

I think it's great that we connect with people having the same issues, it helps sharing our problems.

I would bet that on Facebook you could find some groups of people who have fibro and are looking for others to share in that respect. Lots of people like to keep their illness private not only because of job concerns, but also due to negative family members and friends. Also a concern is sharing where you live and who you are, and of course the biggest concern the medications you use. Personally I would rather keep those things private, but it is a individual choice.

Yeah, fybro groups have to be great too as everyone there would be discussing it and what is working for them.

yup i joined a few fibro groups on fb but i have no history with them and since i've been opening up on this forum with my most personal matters battling this condition i wanted to continue that support system on fb as well. but i understand a personal choice for privacy and wanting to keep this part of life separate from the very public life of fb.

turns out i have a few friends with fibro that i didn't know about! they had no idea that i had it until i started posting very heavily on my page promoting fibromyalgia awareness, and they reached out to me privately to tell me they also have it. i've even inspired one to promote fibro awareness on her own page for the very first time! even convinced some of my non-fibro friends to promote it too! it's been a very humbling process for me but i am excited to spread the word and feeling blessed that so many people are supporting me, reaching out, sharing their own stories or stories of others they know having this condition.

if you ever change your mind or if and when you're ready just private message me. i'll be here :)

Thanks dancingwithfibro, we appreciate the invite. And I'm glad you are getting a warm reception on Facebook :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back