Teens with Fibromyalgia (Vent, Questions/Answers, Support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSwanson

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
US
State
Kansas
Being recently diagnosed, I'm trying so hard to live my life like a normal person my age would. But it's exhausting. I just want to be better. And pretending to be better just sucks. It's like you create this facade of yourself and you're freaking superwoman and you honestly start to believe that you're normal and you can do everything you want to. And then it hits you, that heavy feeling at night when you don't desire to speak or move. When you're so frustrated with life that you just become silent. When you're just tired. Of grieving your own being. Of not being the you that you want to be. This process is horrific -- especially when you can't find people your own age that can relate to you. How am I supposed to let go of myself? How am I supposed to mourn the loss of me? It's such a hard thing to do. :-(

Hi there! I also started to show symptoms very early on, but it wasn't until some years later I was diagnosed :( It's hard when it starts when you are still so young, but don't worry, this is the kind of experiences that can totally make you (or also break you if you let it). You will learn ways to cope, don't worry, it happens, but I recommend you to seek local support groups too :) That way you can connect with others in the same situation, and learn more about the ways they cope. And don't worry, sooner or later comes acceptance.

Hi TSwanson, welcome

You put it very well - the process of acceptance is really hard. This rotten condition affects everything. Trellum is right, though - dealing with hardship makes you a strong person.

One way I cope is by trying to learn as much as I can about fibromyalgia so I can manage it a little better. Every little thing I find that helps feels like a victory. I try to hold on to that feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back