Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2002
Country
UK
State
UK
Hi just wanted to introduce myself, I was first diagnosed with FM 2002 after 4 years of not knowing what was happening to me. 2009 it really felt like I was coming out the other side, was able to go back to work full time and lead a " normal " life again.
November 2015 all the symptoms seem to flood back to the extent that now I'm as low as low can be so I've joined this group to try to get support to get me through all this yet again. Thank you in anticipation ro everyone who reads my post xx

Hi There :) I'm new here too - hubby is the fibro sufferer in the household but I've already found the forum here to be a helpful resource. Connecting with others definitely helps, I think.

Hello Theresamay! Sorry you are suffering through this again. Any idea what made the symptoms dormant for so long? It sounds unusual to have such a stretch with out any-or hardly any symptoms. Glad you are here and hope you'll share or ask questions or just vent, whatever you need we will try to help.

Hi i am in the UK too. Welcome and hope you find the forum helpful.

Tell us more about your symptoms and how it's affecting you if you would like to share.

Ive had fibro since 2007 with lots of ups and downs. I don't think many people have years when it goes away but we are all unique so there must be a chance yours at least can get better than it is right now......and maybe you can be symptom free again.

I hope so.

Take Care

Hi Rural Chick, sorry I've taken so long to respond going through a real bad patch at the moment. I wouldn't say it was totally dormant all that time, but it got to a stage where I was able to function again. My doctor thinks that it's all exploded again so badly due to a hard time I've gone through over the last 3 years. Lots of the symptoms once they occurred I was able to regognise but the fatigue is worse than I ever remembered. I wander if I will ever be able to over this hurdle this time.

Hi willow, thank you for your welcome. I think maybe I didn't explain myself very well.
It never went away it just seemed to get bearable, but it's come back with a vengeance now, I'm as low as I can be at the moment,
Doctor is struggling to find medication that helps without making me a total zombie, and I seem to of lost the ability to converse with my son,
which is heartbreaking for both him and me. If I try to talk about how I feel I just go to pieces which is not what my son needs as he has his own family. My husband tries so hard but I hate to see the effect my FM is having on him.

Welcome welcome welcome.u no I had to stop there as I forgot how to spell welcome the 3rd time.
But u are ,and I do hope we can lift u up alittle.its a flipping nightmare of an illness.but we may all walk around like we're 90. But we got here our fibro family home.sure as family's go were not the greatest .but we're one of the toughest .and I do hope sometimes we can even make u smile X

Talk to us here maybe it will help.....often stress is the one thing that does increase fibro symptoms dramatically. If you have been through a long period of stress that is quite possibly why things are so bad for you right now.

Can you talk to your son about other things as i know well that however old we want to protect our children from worry.

Maybe just accept a gentle hug from him.

I also know the guilt associated with seeing the affects of our condition on our partners...responsibility for their happiness a sense of guilt and failure for all we can no longer do.

I hope your hubby is supportive anyway as that is the best gift he could give you.

Take Care

HI there, I'm new on here too. I too am having a nasty flare up . Sorry you are also. Hope you have a doctor that is willing to really listen and help you that is so important. I know mine is do to having had back surgery recently and having to deal with the horrible pain of that. Sometimes it can be just the weather that will start mine up for days or weeks. It can be so many different things that can affect your fibro. I have had mine for thirty years. With times that were manageable and times nothing would help. This seems to be a good place to come for info and just to have someone to talk with that is going through the same thing. I wish you well and if you ever need to just vent look me up. Take care and hope things calm down soon. Lloue :)

I am a newbie to this forum, am looking forward to post my first question in this forum. Hope all are doing good and am expecting a satisfied answer will got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back