Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
PA
I know that weather changes in general make things harder on us - but has anyone been suffering more-so this Summer?

I just feel like the stranger sides of my Fibro (along with the pain) have been exasperated lately...and you'd think warmer weather may help...but I'm not sure.

No my legs have really been a pain.they hurt so much.im praying for winter.or at least some cooler weather. We got a ton of humid weather .it zips you of energy .and it seems to make my legs really hurt more.

Summer is always worse for me, more migraines during the monsoon season and legs hurt more in the heat than the cold.

I too have been experiencing pain in my legs. It radiates from my butt cheecks all the way down the back of my legs to my feet. Some days I feel like I can not take another step without falling down. Just a trip to the grocery store can send me to bed for the rest of the day. I finally broke down and hired a housekeeper who comes once a month but there is still the daily chores that need to be done such as taking out the garbage, scooping the litter boxes, putting the dishes from the sink into the dishwasher, sweeping the kitchen floor, cracking ice, well you get the picture. It is so exhausting for me some days I just want to cry. I am 61 and sometimes I think how can I live like this for another 20 years or so. I have no thoughts of killing myself but some days I just wish God would come and take me home where I will be pain free.

Krista, so sorry to hear that you feel that way...but I can commiserate. The simplest things can be painful and it's always disheartening to feel that you can't just do an everyday "human" thing without paying for it. I'm 28 and can't imagine living another however many years this way...aside from the physicality of it all, I get angry and feel bitter far too often...I'm glad you hired someone to help!! We should never hesitate to help ourselves if we can, in whatever way.

Forgetmenot and Ruralchick - I feel for you both! My knees have been especially bad for the past few weeks, and headaches, I hate to say I've become accustomed to having a daily headache/migraine.

Now, even in many of my dreams-when I have them-I am in pain! I think migraines probably kill brain cells, I've had migraines since I was a kid growing up in Phoenix, playing in the heat. They got worse and more frequent when I started working and again when I had little ones and my husband was travelling around the globe for work. I have read a person who has migraines is much more prone to strokes--happy thought.

My flares of pain have been really bad this summer. Usually the summer has fatigue for me, but the winter causes a lot more pain. I would still take summer by far over winter. Heavy clothes bother me, the wind bothers me, snow bothers me....I dread the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back