Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2006
Country
US
State
Tennessee
I haven't been here in a while, and had forgotten I use to be a member. I found this forum again, and after reading what Fibromyalgia can do to us I knew it was time to come back here.

I also have sjogren's, lupus, hypothyroid, and diabetes type 2, so I think I have been minimizing what this disorder can do to us. Sometimes I am not even sure what is causing what.

I am horrifically tired every day of my life. I have lots of days with a low grade fever, and stress brings me down these days within minutes of the stress.

Lately I have been struggling with all of this. I have so many sore points in my body that feel like poison points when pressed.

I take gabapentin and plaquenil. Many other medications too, but my stomach is easily upset with so much medication, and I go from diahrea to constipation after I have to take a loperimide.

I hope others here will give me reason to hope again. I am 63, and had to quit my teaching job after 15 years.

Thanks Everyone for reading my thoughts.

Hugs,
Susan123

Welcome, its so not easy being this sick.and you have a lot to cope with.stick around and if nothing else we can give u support and friendship.

I'm insanely tired all of the time as well, yet also suffer from insomnia! (Seriously, how can I be so tired but I can't sleep?)

I recently was prescribed gabapentin (300 mg at night) which I honestly think is a really low dose. It really doesn't help me at all - maybe takes the edge off but I'm having a recent 'fibro flare' that this doesn't even touch. I'm still feeling all the other flares like the tingling and such that my doctor insists aren't 'fibro' related. Can you tell us what your dosage is?

I have points on my body that feel like serious bruises or burned points, yet it seems no one takes it seriously. So I know where you're coming from.

Hi Mikira,Susan and Forgetmenot,

I haven't been here in awhile either.I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2011.
In 2012 had a Hysterectomy.Since then I have slowly improved,and now try to do as much as I can , but pace myself. I'm on gabapentin also 600 mg a day.
I have bad sciatica in my leg,and it has decreased it a little.

Just to have the little extra energy Ive had lately has definitely given me some hope. They're are days that I feel down, but I just try to think positive and get my thoughts back on track.
Try to walk as much as possible, even inside and it will help u improve.
I take B 12 and Vit D daily.Im also on ambien for sleep,and although I have severe fatigue some days, I can clean for a couple of hours as long as I take it slow.

Feel better

I'm also on Gabapentin and prescription Vitamin D once a week. It's supposed to help with the fatigue. I guess it does a little but I still have hardly any energy by the time noon or one rolls around. The Gabapentin helps a little. I'm on 600mgs twice a day. It works and takes the edge off, but it seems like it starts wearing off by 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon. I'm learning and trying to accept if I pace myself and go at a slower pace, and take rests my pain doesn't get as bad or bad as quickly.

ATM the school run of getting up at six is killing me. I'm so tired I can't even think.wensday can't come fast enough for me.
Sleep don't seem to help much.so your not alone.x

I keep hearing in this forum about Gabapentin but this is not something that has been recommended to me by my doctor as yet. Can anyone tell me anything about it?
I could use some help in the energy department. I used to be a super high energy person, but not so much now. It is discouraging.

* sometimes I find myself lying on the couch or in bed and thinking to myself that I am too tired even to lie there! Does that make any sense to anyone here?
I have to laugh at myself for thinking that................but that is truly how it feels.

I am currently on Tramadol twice a day. I don't get any side effects from it and it really helps a lot with the pain. But doctors give me a hard time about it, even though I am not on a high dosage, just because it is classified as an opiate. Good grief, I am not getting high on it.

I used to lay in bed too tired to roll over too. Before I retired I was an analyst. When I got FM in 2015 I researched it a lot. After reading "Fatigued to Fantastic" by Dr Jacob Teittlebaum I tried D-Ribose and the vitamin and mineral supplements he recommends called Energy Revilalization System. He just treats FM patients and has it himself. Those products helped with pain and energy. I changed from D-Ribose to Elysium Basis which is a more refined version with additional ingredients. Much better. I added the Le-Vel company's 3 products called Thrive, Boost and vitamins. I have an ok life now. Not the traveler and wood cutter I used to be but I am functional now. I still crash when I overdo it. The pain meds I take are one each Aleve, Tylenol and aspirin, and a 300 mg gabapentin. Gabapentin seems to dampen down nerves that are overreacting.

Gabapentin is a nerve pain medicine used to treat chronic pain frequently instead of opiates. I want to say it works by blocking a neurotransmitter that causes pain signals in the brain. I remember being on tramadol once long time ago when I was first in the process of being diagnosed, I think gabapentin works better for me. That's only for me and my opinion.

I know what you mean sometimes lol sometimes I'm too tired to rest or sleep.

Check side effects. Everyones diffrent. Good luck.

* sometimes I find myself lying on the couch or in bed and thinking to myself that I am too tired even to lie there! Does that make any sense to anyone here?
I have to laugh at myself for thinking that................but that is truly how it feels.

I feel the exact same way!!!! I then try relaxation exercises, some deep breathing, but often it takes a long time before anything becomes relaxing.

"I use gabbipintin and tramadol.they keep we on my feet.also if your not getting real deep sleep,then your going to feel tired.a lot of us find we sleep for hours but always feel tired.we don't get into all stages of sleep.imhabe amitripoline for this and it really helps me sleep.

I manage FM by doing many small things. You might want to keep trying to find things that work for you. When I get too much pain and too tired I take a long hot shower. I also preheat my bed and toast myself with an electric blanket on high. Turn it down before you go to sleep. Seems like such simple things are too ordinary and can't possibly help such a devastating thing as FM. But it can. Try numerous small changes. I found foods made with flour, corn and sugar are triggers too. I limit them. I had gotten so bad I couldn't shop at Costco because it was too much walking. I had to wait in the car while my husband shopped. Now because I looked for things to try, meds and behaviors, and made numerous small changes I can walk a slow half mile. I shop at Costco again. I have to take a nap when I get home. Another behavioral change. I don't let myself get cold also. There is no single fix. In a previous entry above I described meds and supplements I tried that worked. There is no single supplement that works. Read Dr. Jacob Teitlebaum's book "Fatigued to Fantastic". I can't stress enough that you can't rely on your doctor or just do one thing. You have to try many many meds, supplements and behavioral changes to find what works for you. I probably tried 100 things and settled on 10.

Oh how I relate to all of you. It feels scary, and wicked to lay down on my bed exhausted just to feel too tired to lay there.

Most of my family has no idea how this fatigue is. My husband understands due to his own disability. I did some scrubbing in my bath tub yesterday, and now I am so fatigued.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back