Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
Does anyone else experience anything other than just pain in their hands or feet. For the past few weeks I've been experiencing hands and feet that feel hot and stingy but are actually cold to touch. The palms of my hands are extremely sensitive when touching anything. A warm bath helps but my feet sting when I first put them in the water. I've also noticed that when my skin comes into contact with warm water, it looks kind of blotchy red and white for a while then disappears. I also still have a red rash on the soles of both feet that doesn't itch or hurt & doesn't blanch if you stretch the skin. After a bit of research I found that diabetes can cause cold hands and feet but I know it could be a number of things. Has anyone had anything similar? I have my rheumatology appointment tomorrow & have so many questions!

Hi Lou,

There is a disease or phenomenon called Raynauds which causes the blood vessels to constrict in our hands and feet.It causes the circulation to decrease and makes your hands and feet cold and numb feeling.

I don't know if this is what u have, but a Rheumatologist would be the best dr to diagnose it.
It has been seen with Fibromyalgia and Lupus patients

I Havent been diagnosed with this ,but I do notice my hands and feet get very cold and numb, and sometimes turn a tinge of blue. If I put on heavy socks,and warm them up, my circulation is better and they warm up.

I'm not sure if other fibros experience this, but They might. Because we all seem to have problems with our hands and feet in some way.

Good luck with your appt.��

Sagey

Last edited:
Hi saggy. Thanks for your reply. I thought I might have this, when I immerse my hands in warm water, all of the joints go blue or purple until they warm up. I always thought raynauds was associated with white fingers hence the nickname white finger. My sister has this, her fingers turn white in cold weather. This whole illness or whatever it is is really confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back