Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
PA
As you might know I have been on here quite some time sharing my advice and life with fibromyalgia with all of you. I got my SSD in 2007, and up until this year they never once contacted me concerning rechecking for eligibility, that is until I got a part time job this year.

I came home one day to discover a call from SS on my phone asking about the fact I was working and even though I had called them when I first started working and told them about the company that hired me, they had no record of employment for me. Meaning the company which had been taking social security and medicare taxes out of my pay check had not sent them in or had not reported the earnings, or it was just a scare tactic to get me to round up my records pay stubs, make copies and send them to the local office.

I called them back right away trying to figure out what was going on and got a short tempered woman who wanted my pay stubs, as well as, all the income I had received from the year where they retrograded my first payments from, this being 2002. Oh, and get all this information back to her in 15 days or I could lose my disability.

I have to admit I was scared. I did not even know if I still had my records going back that far. Luckily I still had my tax returns for my back years and was able to put all the pay and records together. But then on top of that was the forms to fill out which as you know are demanding and confusing. I was in tears most of the time writing and explaining why I had to get a part-time job and that my condition was not much improved since I got my disability and that my new boss was very understanding of my handicaps.

Got it off in the mail and started hoping and praying it would be okay. But then I got a really bad pain in the eye I just had major surgery on and saw a shower of floaters in my vision. I got a appointment with my eye doctor and everything seemed to check out okay so far. Then I got a severe headache with the eye pain, along with bad chest pain and leg pain all on my left side. Went to my doctor office and they sent me to the local hospital ER.

Ran lots of tests including a ct-scan of my head (which found nothing up there). lol bit of humor, all tests were normal. So they said muscle strain. It was then I finally realized it was the begining of a flare and the pain was horrible. But other than another eye appointment tomorrow, I am going to buckle down and ride it out.

This is what I often have talked about in saying how much mental stress can increase our symptoms and make our mental and physical condition turn from good to bad overnight.
Right now I still have headache, eye pain, and chest pain and I wonder what is coming next. I have not had a major flare for over 5 years, (just little ones) and had forgotten how things move around and take you by surprise. I know I will make it though this.

Just pay attention to what I have shared about the SSD. Keep your back tax records on any money you have earned since and before you got your disability and keep them where you can find them quickly.

Thanks for reading and know even though I don't post as often I still come onsite and read and listen to all your struggles and feel your pain. :)

Bless you. You poor thing.thats why I won't get a part time job.i know I couldn't keep it up.and I'd be scared of the whole money thing.
Now surly your boss should of sent your tax and vat in.or is it different out there.
I really hope u have news soon,good news.do let us know.xx

I really don't know if it is the company I work for or just SSD sloppy work. I did not want to get a job but I had too. When I moved home from down south, I lived with my mom. But now she died and now I have her old car and house and bills. So I was very lucky to hear about this program that helps senior find work and pays you for doing it. I clean at our local community center 3 hours every weekday, weekends off. It helps me pay my gas bill and buy food and my medications. I only get 7.25 hour, but added with my tiny SSD check I manage without worrying so much.
I just don't like the way the gov always makes a person feel guilty for being disabled.

Just pay attention to what I have shared about the SSD. Keep your back tax records on any money you have earned since and before you got your disability and keep them where you can find them quickly.

This sounds like good advice. Thanks, 1sweed!

I know this won't help your situation now, but for those who might be reading this and are pursuing, or have been awarded SSDI, it's always a good idea to keep copies of anything you send to SSA. Also, I feel it's always wise to follow-up with a phone call to SSA to verify that it was received and added to your case file.

Take care and please keep us informed on how this plays out with SSA, 1sweed!

Wow!
Hi there! So sorry about your Mum. Prayers your way. Chin up! Unless it hurts, then just up with whatevers left.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and words of wisdom. I am a mess right now with lots of muscle pain and chest pain, and getting bad muscle cramps with a on going headache (migraine). Have not felt so crappy in a longtime. I went into see my family doctor and told him what started all of this and ask if he could refer me to counseling. Instead he gave me medication for anxiety and said, oh we will wait a month and see how you do. Here I am asking for help and I even said I am in a fibro flare and he just dismissed me and walked away. I told him the E.R. said it was muscle strain and he said no, it was just anxiety.

I was very upset, but decided the hell with him that I would find help on my own. I went to the nearest guidance center and ask to be set up for counseling. No problem. all set up without that dumb doctor who does not believe in fibro and what terrible effects it can have on ones body.

So next week I will see a counselor and try to get help with my anxiety. In the meantime I am waiting for a response from the SSD office. WoW, just when things were looking up a bit I get slam dunked again. I don't want to lose my home because I had to find a simple job to add a bit to my income. If I quit or get sicker, I won't be able to keep up with all my bills. I am so glad I have all of you to share this with.

Hi 1sweed sending you big hugs and support...yes you have been on here long before me giving support and acting as moderator which we all APPRECIATE very much or we wouldn't have this place to come to at all.

So sorry to hear of this big stressor in your life..i can imagine the huge anxiety and pressure it caused and i am keeping my fingers crossed all works out well for you and that the pain subsides as quickly as it came.

I know 100% stress has a terrible affect on my fibro. minor stress is bad enough and maybe the effects pass in a few days but major stress and pressure does so much harm and sooo quickly.

Please let us know how it goes ..i for one always follow through hoping things work out and will be thinking of you in the coming days until the ssd is resolved..lets be optimistic as you havent broken the rules and told them you were working part time..

Good luck and well done for finding you own coucillor....you will come through this...gentle hugs.x

willow, (hugs) right back to you. I know that the pain issues are from fibro and the anxiety is making it worse and so I did find a counselor and I hope I like her as the office is here in my town. The doctor put me on Zoloft 50 mg, but the pharamacy told me to slit it in half and let my body get used to it. So far it makes me feel spacey at times and not much energy. I have to work tomorrow and I hope it settles down. I am having trouble with feeling really cold in my whole body, but mostly my feet. I have been piling on extra blankets at night and wearing two pairs of socks to bed. I also have PTSD, and have had several issues lately with people either being rude or just picking on me for a reaction and so the call from SSA, did not help my moods at all. But I am just hoping and praying this woman does not take my disability.

I am so like many of you of whom have family members who don't believe in fibro or they just think I am lazy and don't want to work. My goodness from what I read on here most everyone Wants To Work. My gosh if we only could get this cured and go on with our lives. If only they could understand the heartache and the fears we have for our futures and just trying to pay our bills. Sorry for the rant. I just get so mad at the relatives that treat me like it is all being faked and that I don't need my disability.

Anyways (willow) thanks for the encouragement. :)

I totally get where you are coming from..of course we want to work..we want to work hop skip and jump just like other healthy people..who would choose to go down the disability route ..its not fun for anyone writing sometimes humiliating things about how feeble we are for other strangers to see when we want to be perceived as strong..we are strong just fot fighting another day with this illness!

Like you 1sweed i have had lack of understanding to various degrees from family..this has isolated me more as i got to a point where i cant be what they want me to be..my old self doesnt exist and i want her back even more than THEY do.

I hope the zoloft helps..it will make you spacey for awhile....i really hope you get to work ok and make it through..come back and let us know gentle hugs x

Why is it when you are waiting on something so important,it takes forever.
I do hope u here sometime soon.x

Forgetmenot, I agree we have to wait forever for a reply back from as in my case SSA, but they want their info pronto or else. The company I work for is a government program and really should be connected with the Ticket To Work, program but their not. This thing of gov that does not know of their own programs is crazy.

I got up this morning hurting some but in a good mood, got to work and did what I could for 3 hours and came straight home to rest. The only symptom that is bugging me now aside from the pain is feeling like I am freezing. My whole body is so cold and I don't know why as my house is warm. So I am all wrapped up in a blanket while typing this. Burr.....

Thanks so much for thinking of me and taking time to post here. Hugs to you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back