Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Lately morning are a nightmare.i hurt so bad,the worse but is going to about 12 o clock before it even eases off,
I drives me mad,I'm really trying to lose weight,which I can't do if I can't move.
I've tried hot showers ,heat pads ,flexing my arms back,and legs.
I wish I could jump out of bed ,since it's a school holiday i don't no need to be up at six.
So I lay in.that seems to make it worse.:(.

So sorry Forgetmenot..Mornings have always been bad for me i think its very common..even when my fibro was way better for years i often woke up feeling like id been run over by a bus and it would take at least 2 hours to ease out. Sometimes stay all day. If this is new to you i really hope it passes soon...maybe its your body saying it needs the extra rest and after a while mornings will return to your level of normal.

You cant do any more than all the things youve tried....stiffness and pain is horrible..im stuck like it all the time these days and it really gets me down.

Take Care

I am so impressed you usually get up at 6 everyday to see your daughter to school!

I have bad mornings too. It takes me an hour or two before I am very functional. But if I'm having a flare or I'm over tired, it takes a lot longer (sometimes most of the day). It helps me keep moving if I have a routine. I just have to do the next step in the routine, then I get to rest for a bit.

I hope the you feel better soon.

I too was impressed Forgetmenot that you can get up at 6.00am. I can only do that when I can't sleep at all due to sleeplessness. My son wakes me at 8.00am most days to drive him to school. Sometimes can but return home, quick breakfast, take medication and sleep til 12.00pm or most of the day. Can't seem to break this. When I have tried and that's often just yawn constantly and feel like a zombie can't seem to push through fatigue. Glad to read it happens to others as well. Hope it passes for you soon Forgetmenot.

Mornings have always sucked for me, my whole entire life. I have never woken up feeling refreshed and doctors have for years said things like 'you could be depressed', 'you are just not a morning person', 'drink a cup of coffee like most people do' etc. So for years, I thought my awful mornings were normal, that everyone went through them and I blamed myself for being so lazy.

Looking back, it could've been fibro all along, I dont know, but now I know this is 'not normal', I make sure I give myself 'me time' in the mornings. I simply start very slowly and wait till the pain meds (my trusted BFF tramadol) to kick in. I do also make sure I am not sitting down, focusing on the pain, so I try to do little things around the house - putting this and that here and there, watch some tv or listen to music. I also can't take a shower because of the pain & fatigue, so I just wait it out. And just like you, by 12 pm, I feel human enough to face the world. Take a shower and start my day. And I am so thankful that I can keep to this schedule. I cannot work full-time anymore, but I have been able to scrape by by doing freelance work from home. I also have no kids, no one to take care of.

My full respect to you for being able to wake up at 6am and take care of your family....

Well thank you everyone.but don't be to impressed,I don't have any choice really.both my daughter are in school so I have to get up.i do now make sure I do the pack lunchs as soon as there home from school.
I've cheated ,I have two sets of lunch boxs so I can pack there lunch around 2.30 pick little one up and just wash up the other lunch boxs.
I also go to bed about 7 with my little one and only get up for a cup of tea.or to wash the floors.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back