Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
Good morning all I hope this post finds you doing well.
I have only just began to learn about this, and to post here.
I have multiple auto-immune issues as well as fibromyalgia.
So I learn. My post today is about itching.
It is driving me nuts!!! I am not panicking about it being liver of kidney related
Because I itch where I hurt from the Fibro. So it tells me that it is probably
nerve related as well.
Can someone fill me in about fibro and itching, the why and what I can do?
I am on a chemo regime right now so I will check in with my doctor as well.
Thanks so much, Daylilly.

Hey Daylilly, are you taking oxycodone or other opiates ? My pain doc had me on every opiate 'cept Fentanyl over the first 3-4 years, working out dosing, taking note of side-effects, that sort of thing. When I was on oxy, demerol or dilaudid it was like going for a swim in a poison ivy pool! I was using brushes to scratch places I never knew could itch, to the point of causing brusing and occasionally, bleeding. Luckily, after being on the afore-mentioned meds for a few months the itchiness slowly reduced in intensity.

Oddly enough if I wore long sleeved shirts my arms (seemed to) itched less. Oh, the many joys and mysteries of FM.

A lot of our pills will make u itch,
Also your skin maybe dry,try using some lostion after a bath or shower.i itch a lot to.u could try a allergy pill.
Now I'm itching lol

This is my first post. I just joined. I too itch all over inside and out. It never occurred that it could be Fibro related. I'm just learning about Fibro and have no medical backup. I also have diabetes, insulin dependent.

I have several auto-immune conditions....I get the itching.
I use moisturizing lotion like Eucerin. soft hugs..

Well I saw my rheum last week and a flare was confirmed.
I was given some muscle relaxant and antinflammitories.
Thankfully after alternating a few the flare has settled somewhat. So so has the itching. However I was in pretty bad shape before that so I had to take some Tylenol 3, and I think it might be the codeine too. I have had slight itching after using it in the past, but it never got that bad....maybe it's an allergy that is getting worse? I will have to ask my doctor. Plus I have never been on chemo before, Maybe Rituxan can cause itching?
Confusing!:?:
Thanks Dayliily.

i fibro forgot:
A Rheumy Doctor told me years ago my itching was from many meds I was taking.
Now that I have cut back on meds..the itching is less. Also, the dry house heat in the winter
can add to itching....so I use a vaporizer and I use lotion after bathing.

Hugs to ya....I have muliple auto-immune conditions as well for 17 yrs. It's
been very hard at times, but I've had the Good Days, too. I'm not computer savy
on this site yet to contact (friends) with people. I'm trying. I hope to be an encouraging friend for you.
Soft hugs,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back