DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
NSW
Hi.
My name is Janette and I am new to this forum. I am from Sydney Australia and have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. This was 8mnths ago and I have had my world turned upside down as many of you have. Reading through some of the blogs are great as I can relate. It can be quite lonely and frustrating explaining the pain and symptons to loved ones who try to sympathise but really have no idea.
Looking forward to joining in with discussions.
My question for now is does the condition seem to have a pattern or is it variable?

To answer your question for me it seems to be variable depending on what I have done the day or two before. There seems to be a cumulative effect with this.

I'm always surprised how eerily similar a lot of the issues we have are; it's nice to know we're not alone.

Thanks for your feedback. Keeping a record I found the same thing. Makes it really difficult to plan ahead. I was hoping that overtime a pattern would emerge.

It is nice to know were not alone. The frustrating part is there is no cure but we all have very similar symptons. Thanks for your reply.

Hi Janette. Welcome aboard ��There's loads of good advice to be had on here & some great people.

Lou

Welcome to the family Jan.fibro have a life of its own.for some there's a pattern,for some there's not.its very random.

Jealousy

Hi lately I have been having issues with my friends.Most of them work in the same field as I used to. It's not that they don't care about my condition but when we talk about whats going on for them I find myself overwhelmingly jealous and want to get out of the conversation fast. I did tell one how I felt but she didn't respond instead she now keeps the conversation really superficial or we don't talk. Her reaction has made me think twice about telling others'. Has anybody else experienced this and how did you deal with it?:(

Fibro patients have a lot of anxiety to deal with. Are you mistaking jealousy for anxiety? Just an idea.

Hi janette and welcome..i think so many of us have either lost friends or friendships change often dramatically.We live our lives managing reducing or fighting varying levels of pain fatigue and other symptoms..and our minds i think change over time living in our own fibro world....yes we do what we can to stay part of the real world and some do better than others.

If you can work and socialize its easier to stay connected to those friend, but its a bit like when we were at school and your best buddy goes into a different class or to a different school, over time the things that keep you connected change and you find your not part of the same gang anymore.
Envy of others i am sure has been and is felt at times by most fibro folk

People in general are not interested in other peoples illnesses..even the closest of friends don't get it and dont really want to listen to our endless list of ailments.

I too have noticed people don't really want to hear how i am and if they ask they are hoping we will be polite and say something like fine , or much the same...they dont want details even when sometimes we want to offload to people who we hope and want to care about how we feel.

Maybe try to listen to the conversation and try to cope with the natural jealousy you are feeling so that the friendships can still flourish.....i listen to all the things my frineds are doing and sometimes get off the phone feeling worse as it just high lights my situation more, but the alternative of loosing my best friends is worse than dealing with my own feelings in private.

At least you have all of us here ..no need to be jealous as we are all in the same boat and understand.

Thank you Willow. I found your reply really comforting. I do value my friends and some I have known longer than others'. Your point about feeling disconnected hit the nail on the head as we shared and connected with what was happening in our working life. Maybe it's envy and saddness as I feel as we are both struggling to find a new connection. maybe we will and maybe we won't.

You can always Pm me if you want a private chat with someone with fibro..either way is fine... i wont be offended if you want to stick to the forum for support.

Share anytime on here...always someone and most of us will get your feelings.

haha im not very good either..i think you have to do a friends request and then its possible to pm. If you want i can try and do it my side and you can just reply?

i don't know how to PM. How do you do this?

Go to menu, click on it, then click on user cp. (which is you), on the left you will see the different options. Scroll down and you will see under private messages "send pm". Click on that. Under recipients name, type in who you want to send a pm to, in the window/box underneath type away then send. Hope this helps :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back