Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
OR
Has anyone tried turmeric for general inflammation? I don't like taking Tylenol for my pain unless Ineed to, trying to protect my liver. Do turmeric supplements help fibro?

Hiya! I recently started exploring herbs for pain and inflammation myself. I have ben adding one quarter of a teaspoon each of cinnamon, tumeric, and ginger to my coffee in the morning. My everyday joint pain is easier to deal with, and I have a little more energy than without the herbal additions. I only started my experiment three weeks ago! I have given my hubby the same mix, and he says he can feel the difference also. I haven't had any swelling of my joints lately, so I think I will keep going with it. Hope my short experience can help you with your journey.

You might also consider white willow bark, tart cherry, or CBD oil. CBD oil is my favorite, but I have used the other two at different times and had success with them.

I would love to get my hands on some CBD oil to try.

I eat a lot of ginger - I buy crystalized ginger and add it to my muffins, oatmeal, etc. NOTE: bought the huge bag at Costco once because it was a good deal but it hurt my stupid joints like crazy trying to cut it up. I buy it cut in small chunks at my healthfood store.

I grew up with turmeric and it is a wonder herb indeed. I used it just about everything from beauty product till all kinds of inflammation pains , including external fresh wounds ( turmeric powder is great for stop bleeding and closing the wounds super fast) . Together with pepper berries lots of doctor starting to prescribe for joint pains. It's easy for stomach since I used to have terrible ulcer , turmeric help me heal through it all. Totally recommended. But it's not a pain killer just fantastic for soothing and heal the damage very quickly, so it won't just turn off all pains at once. Adding them in to food has been done for hundreds of years and it's still the best. Unlike comfrey root , turmeric doesn't harm our organs or have any side effects. It's good to have in the kitchen. ;)

To increase the effectiveness of Tumeric, it must also contain Bioprene, or black pepper extract. I purchase mine on Amazon, a "Fettle" company product in capsule form and have had amazing results for my hips' bursitis.

That's a great formular with pepper berries extract , lots of doctor prescribed for arthritis. But still I wonder why would I spending money on formular alomg with other ingredients they packaged in to make pills when you can get them in market as organic herb and spice you can eat normally. It's not like you need the formular to begin with.

That's a great formular with pepper berries extract , lots of doctor prescribed for arthritis. But still I wonder why would I spending money on formular alomg with other ingredients they packaged in to make pills when you can get them in market as organic herb and spice you can eat normally. It's not like you need the formular to begin with.

Good morning!
Personally I despise the taste of tumeric, so this is very convenient for me personally. I can't imagine taking in 1000mg of tumeric a day! My supplement contains 100% natural tumeric with 5mg of bioperine, no fillers, flavourings, or colourings added, made in the US.
Sometimes it's just easier than eating tumeric every day...yuck...:?

Turmeric is especially useful for fibromyalgia and arthritis. It is well known to have better anti-inflammatory properties than various medicines and having minimum side effects for its consumption, makes it a preferred choice over various medicines.

Turmeric is amazing for inflammation!! Tylenol wrecks your stomach! Ick!
I take turmeric everyday! I also found great relief with plant based products (plexus)! Aaaaamazing! I can't even begin to tell you how much they have helped give me back my life! The energy I have, my pain level decreased. Brain fog clearing up! Ibs gone!
One of the supplements contains turmeric, and works so well on my pain, and its natural, so doesn't hurt you like Tylenol, etc.
I am in no way trying to sell anyone anything! Just saying what works for me!

I have some tumeric capsules but I'm not sure how much to take. On the back it says Tumeric Cucurmin Complex 500mg, tumeric root 450 mg, tumeric extract 50 mg. Suggestions?

Personally I take one in the morning and one at night. The research I did suggested that 1000mg of pure curcumin per day is effective and safe. However much of it can be just flushed through the system without BioPerine, black prpper extrsct, which binds it for better absorption. Perhaps you can purchase it separately if yours doesn't contain it. I hope it brings you much relief!

I bought " Tumeric Tea " at a health food store. Tastes Bad , even with honey added.
So do I need the capsule form only ?

Lol! Now why in the world someone thought making a tea out of turmeric is a good idea in the first place? Wow , it's almost sounding like someone tring to sell me a sardine toothpaste.

The only way i used turmeric is for cooking with other herbs or spice. On it's own it taste horrible cause it's just roots. I like marinating chicken using turmaric wth garlic and lemongrass , or adding small amount of it to salad dressing. In the old world way you can also making your own turmeric pills by mixing turmeric powder with honey and roll them in to small little balls easy enough to swallow. But even in the old world they wouldn't prefer drinking tumeric in any shape of forms. Unless it's a form of punishment the adult used to do it to the kids. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back