New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Hope4all is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Sturgis
State: Michigan
Diagnosed: 01/2006
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Hope4all is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Laundry Detergent and other chemicals makes me nauseous now

Hi! So sorry you are experiencing this, but yes, I have reactions to chemicals, too. For me it started around 17 maybe. I always had food allergies and pollen, animals, etc. But when I was 20 I started getting severe pelvic pain (turned out to be endometriosis and interstitial cystitis), fatigue, malaise, nausea, etc. One thing my mother-in-law who had cancer taught me to do was to clean with very mild or natural cleaners with little or no odor, like baking soda. There are ideas online. There are more options now than back then. At first I didn't get why my mil was teaching me that, but when I tried going back it was obvious: bleach, nail polish, heavy cleaners, even the plastic odor a new shower curtain liner used to have. Perfumes, fragrances, etc. I am very blessed, though, that my family is very careful to respect this. They keep these things away from me or don't use them. I will get the nausea and fatigue but also now I get migraines. I can't use regular shampoo or body wash. I will get sores. I have to buy the very mild soap-based or coconut oil kind. I made my own for a while. I drink and shower in filtered water and eat organic and no preservatives if I can (about 1/2). I used to work in pesticides for many years and my family before that. Sometimes I wonder if that has anything to do with it, but I don't think there's much research. But since I lost my job in the cornfields I am not quite as likely to react to an accidental exposure. I can have some pure essential oils. Maybe that would be okay for you? I hope you get something that works for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hope4all For This Useful Post:
dancingwithfibro (05-14-2017)