Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
This is a question I'm interested in. For myself I hurt more at night. Sometimes waking myself with moaning and groaning in pain. When do you folks hurt more? Moving around in this day tends to help with the pain but at night the lying still triggers the pain.

Morning and night.somedays afternoon as well .morning are hard for me,till I get moving,but once I lay down at night I'm fine till I need to move.
I seem to hurt all the time lately ,but if I had to say which one is worse,then mornings.

Most of the time! I hurt in the mornings until my painkillers kick in, it eases a bit through the day depending on what I'm doing and then can get bad at night. My back gets really bad at night in bed if I lie in the one position for too long & is sore when I get up until I start moving.

The last few months, my nights had been turning into such a true burning hell that I now have to take a strong muscle relaxant every night that puts me out and allows me to sleep for 6-8 hours. I literally was burning up from nerve pain, feeling restless and uncomfortable in my own skin, aching all over, muscle spasms, headaches.... I also think that the fact that it was dark, no movement/noise around = thus no distraction did not help the situation either.

Like you, during the day, no matter how bad my pain might be, I can find some sort of distraction. The pain does not go away, but it allows my brain some breathing space as it were. Just looking outside and observing birds, for example can help. (I have learned to adore birds. They are such gorgeous beings! How they take flight is fascinating.)

During the day, probably thanks to tramadol+paracetamol, I feel my best between 2-4pm.

Because of my lousy nights I as well find mornings tough. It's like waking with a hang over without a previous night of drinking. After about 2 hours I start to feel a wee bit better. Like vickythecat I feel the best late in the afternoon. Then starting around 8 in the evening my symptoms worsen and the whole circus starts over again "que circus music". Thank you for your responses. :)

My pain now is same day and night..i used to get some nights off LOL....then wake stiff and take a couple of hours to push through and get going..then by about 4/5 pm even on a good day i would ache all over.

The burning aching all over means sleeping is elusive..the joys of fibro! :)

Hi Everyone,

I have sciatica pain in both legs all night, very painful and my feet also throb in pain.
I toss and turn and moan in pain.

Even my medication is not strong enough to help me.I take my sleeping pill and that helps to get me to sleep,but I wake up some time during the night.

When I wake up in the morning I have pain immediately in my feet and legs. I also have stiffness,pain in my neck and back.lets see did I leave any other part of body out lol.

Then in the afternoon if I do to much which might just be washing the dishes ,and would have to take pain medication. Sometimes would have to go upstairs and lie down because the pain is 10/10.

It's an ongoing process that never really ends. It's cyclical and starts over again another day.

☕️Sagey

Last edited:
I am more like Forgetmenot. I find mornings are the hardest everything seems to ache like the worse kind of flu virus. I don't at this stage be able to stay up in the morning. I rise and take my son to school, come home breakfast and painkillers. Sleep a couple of hours and then wake. Around 1pm start to feel better and generally lasts throughout day and night.

Sagey, sounds like my world. Seeing my Doc today for follow up on Cymbalta. Not sure if it's accomplished anything. Feeling a bit "blue" today. Don't know why. Guess it's just one of those days.

Hope the Doc has some ideas for you MM.

Hope the Doc has some ideas for you MM.

Thank you willow. Well, had a long visit with the Doc. Staying on the Cymbalta. Being scheduled for a sleep study, a PFT (pulmonary function test), and allergy test. The reason is because of a chronic cough and shortness of breath. Upon auscultation my lungs have crackles to all fields. I don't smoke, have never smoked, don't inhale, huff or snort any substances, hence there is no known reason for my breathing issues. I can become short of breath talking. The Dr commented on it today during my visit. She doesn't wishing to blame this on Fibro or the Chronic Fatigue so I'm going for these tests to rule any other organic condition. Meanwhile I'm to keep a diary of all my activity, food, exercise, and pain etc.

Have had Fibro since 1998. No other diagnosis. Been on Lyrica since 2000 in the experimental stages "pregablin." Now have additional med*s). Hurt more when NOT moving around. However, it is difficult to become motivated when hurting so. Wanted to know what is helping others.

I can map the tender points and could add some additional points.

Stress is a killer!

How to cope?

I work shift work. If I sleep in bed I wake in a few hours in massive pain in my neck, back, hips, and legs. I'm on everything that is supposed to help but Lyrica as it makes my feet and lower legs swell up. If I sleep in my recliner I sleep with less pain.

Through out the day. Once in a while I will feel "almost" perfectly normal late at night.
A little while ago I stopped drinking which obviously numbed my pain. I am just starting the road to medical help.
I totally need meds to sleep and often wake up with numb shoulders and arms.

Mornings are hard for me. I don't really perk up until the morning medication takes hold, and sometimes not even then. I used to be a person who woke up and hit the ground running, but now it can take me up to three hours to get moving properly.

Nights are good now because I take something at night that allows me to sleep without pain, so I am lucky there.

Over all my daytime pain is worse in the colder months than it is in the summer. this sucks, actually, because in the winter the weather is nice for doing things outside, and in the summer it is too warm outside to do much of anything, but I have less pain and so if it were not too hot I could go for a hike, for instance. but you cannot hike when it is over 110 degrees. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back